Dogs are boaters too.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RT Firefly

Enigma
Greetings,
To all you four legged sailors on board TF. Happy National Dog Day!!!!
Woof, woof, bark, arf!

redbonecoonhound_hohnson.jpg

Woof right back at you from Emily Anne's Bos'n.

I like being a boat dog in training although sometimes boating bores me. But sometimes I see something interesting. And sometimes I get fed if I hint strongly enough. And if I'm lucky I get to go swimming.

But I sometimes just like being at home watching DogTV.

Attachments

• Bored.jpg
    Bored.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 79
  • Interest.jpg
    Interest.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Hungry.jpg
    Hungry.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Dogtv2.jpg
    Dogtv2.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 79
WOOF! WOOF!! WOOF!!! WOOF!!!!

Zain surveys the open Pacific from a ridge on Campania Island, BC;

Attachments

• Zain, Campania ridge, 2015.jpg
    Zain, Campania ridge, 2015.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 80
Our boat is a "pet hair free zone." We have two black pugs that shed about 5lbs of hair a day. Or at least that's what it seems like.

After a day eating everything dead or alive he could find on the beach, Bos'n gave us a scare in the middle of the night. The noises made us think that the boat was sinking. But he was just living up to the Dog Credo:

Attachments

• Barf.JPG
    Barf.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 75
Pearl the lab mix, crashed out with her chin on the companionway hatch. Messing around on boats always puts you in the mood for a good nap.

ForumRunner_20150826_161305.jpg

She's probably annoyed that we closed the deck gate so she can't play "I'm king of the world!" on the bow pulput while we're underway.

We love dogs but are currently "between dogs". Unfortunately, our Golden was too ill to board when we bought this boat so we never got to experience the pleasures of canine boating. I don't envy our boating friends when it time to take Fido to do his business, though. We'll probably get another when we lose our desire to roam on the water. In the meantime, being footloose and fancy free is a pleasure! No kids, no dogs!!

We used to allow other's dogs on our boat but have had such a problem with dog hair on our carpeted and fabric-upholstered boat that it's now a strictly dog-free zone. If we had a teak and holly floor with leather upholstery, it'd be another story.

Maizey and Em getting cheesy

happy dog day

and btw FlyWright: we got maizey to use a square of carpet for her "business" when we are on the move or at anchor and then we just shoot it with the hose - no trips ashore necessary (but we like to explore so we go anyway)

Attachments

• 20150502_145930.jpg
    20150502_145930.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Is that a kooikerhondje?

I like other peoples' friendly dogs. They are low maintenance.

Keili looking at one of her great grand offspring at the Seattle Locks ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1440653764.479002.jpg

I don't have many pictures yet, but here is one from our "move in" weekend. Bimini checking out the view from the pilot house!

Attachments

• Pilothousepup.jpg
    Pilothousepup.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 57
Look! We're getting underway!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 65
Monty at play....get to that beach!!

Attachments

• Copy of DSC00440.jpg
    Copy of DSC00440.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 72
Oops, thread drift.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 75
Jenny hates all pinnipeds!

Surveying the seen for evil pinnipeds!

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1440687986.298046.jpg

Murray: Jenny would love to meet up with Zane on her next trip to McMicking!

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1440727497.445772.jpg

Hey, I'm Maggie. I hate boats. I hate water. I hate docks. I love escaping and running away whenever possible. Bark.

as long as there is a couch on the flybridge - Ginger is happy to go anywhere

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 50
i swear she does look out sometimes...

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 70
View attachment 43666

Hey, I'm Maggie. I hate boats. I hate water. I hate docks. I love escaping and running away whenever possible. Bark.

If Maggie is a Brittany Spaniel I know what you mean. We had one for awhile. His name was Carter, but I called him Jimmah. You know Jimmah Carter. Beautiful dog, but too high spirited for us. He now has a home on 10 acres.

If Maggie is a Brittany Spaniel I know what you mean. We had one for awhile. His name was Carter, but I called him Jimmah. You know Jimmah Carter. Beautiful dog, but too high spirited for us. He now has a home on 10 acres.

Yep, Brittany Spaniel. She's a beautiful pup. A real sweetheart, but often extremely infuriating... When the ex and I parted ways last year, we couldn't keep her anymore. Mags is with my aunt now, fat and happy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom