Old 08-04-2019, 08:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Portland
Does Nordic Tugs have a web site?

Looking for information and specs on the current and past Nordic Tug models and I can't find any company web site. The logical URL: http://nordictugs.com/ leads to something else. Do they actually have a functioning web site? If not, does anyone know of any dealers or 3rd party web sites that has good information on current and past Nordic Tug models?

Camasonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:31 PM   #2
Guru

City: Adelaide
Vessel Name: Kokanee
Vessel Model: Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
They do have a few owners association websites.

https://www.sentoa.org/
https://panntoa.com
San Francisco Bay Area Nordic Tug Association

AusCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #3
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
They used to have a website at that url. Could be down due to technical issues or they could be running into more business issues.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusCan View Post
Yes, but even those sites don't really have information for prospective buyers such as floor plans, factory specifications for LOA, beam, displacement, etc. One can google up that information but but it is hard to know how reliable it is if it doesn't come from the company.

Every other boat company I have looked at, including much smaller ones than Nordic Tug seem to have informative web sites with all the information you could want. I'm just surprised they don't have anything in today's digital age.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:15 PM   #5

City: Olympia WA
Vessel Name: Waterford
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
How odd. They have had a very good website but now it doesn't even show up on Google or Bing. The factory was very active at the Pacific Northwest Rendezvous in June and had a few new builds in process. I owned a 2000 NT 32 for six years and currently own a 2008 NT 37 and I'd be glad to field any questions if that would help.
Waterford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

No worries. I'm in the boat shopping phase and looking to keep the boat in Portland but ship up to Puget Sound on an annual basis for summer cruising. So I wanted to get hauling quotes for several different models (Nordic Tug, American Tug, Ranger Tug, etc.) to see how LOA, beam, and displacent affects the cost of hauling between Portland and Puget Sound. I just wanted to make sure I had the correct specs for these models.

Basically I'm curious how big is too big if I want to have a boat professionally moved back and forth on an annual basis rather than having to run around the outer coast of WA. I don't own a bit truck and don't have any place to store a trailer so I figured I might as well just find out what is possible and what it would cost.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:28 PM   #7

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Selah
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 40
Olympia is less then 2 hours from Camas and the moorage prices are similar to Columbia Crossings at Jantzen Beach. If you keep the boat there you don’t have to do the transport drill every year, it’s at the south end of Puget Sound. Swantown Marina is a very nice facility. We’ve had moorage there 2 different times and I highly recommend them.
av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:12 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8r View Post
Olympia is less then 2 hours from Camas and the moorage prices are similar to Columbia Crossings at Jantzen Beach. If you keep the boat there you don’t have to do the transport drill every year, it’s at the south end of Puget Sound. Swantown Marina is a very nice facility. We’ve had moorage there 2 different times and I highly recommend them.
Thought about that briefly. But we aren't yet retired and I'd much rather have it 5-10 minutes away and available to use and mess with at a moment's notice on the Columbia and Willamette. Going up to Puget Sound would be sort of a once-a-year vacation thing maybe 1-2 weeks tops every summer.

I'm also thinking that keeping the boat in freshwater in the Columbia would probably be better for the boat year-round than in a saltwater marina.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:05 AM   #9
Guru

City: Meydenbauer Bay Yacht Club
Vessel Name: Lulu (Refugio sold)
I am going to throw out $2k each way, at the convenience of the individual trucker. Plus haulage at both ends, times two for R/T. Plus perhaps whatever’s needed to prep and restore each trip (remove mast, canvas, etc). Not sure on fuel load. And of course securing all equipment. Both ways.

Why not just charter up here?
Old 08-05-2019, 11:53 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refugio View Post
I am going to throw out $2k each way, at the convenience of the individual trucker. Plus haulage at both ends, times two for R/T. Plus perhaps whatever’s needed to prep and restore each trip (remove mast, canvas, etc). Not sure on fuel load. And of course securing all equipment. Both ways.

Why not just charter up here?
Yeah, that's always a possibility. I have chartered Nordic Tugs out of Juneau before. But of course owning a boat one wants to use it. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of boat ownership in Portland when one wants to sometimes use it elsewhere.

Probably the best solution is what most others seem to do which is get something that can be trailered and just rent a tow vehicle when I want to move it myself. Probably cheaper to find a place to store a trailer during the year than pay for annual commercial hauling. That kind of eliminates all but the smallest Nordic Tugs from consideration and all the other beamier boats and is going to restrict one to mainly coastal crusing the inside waters.

Or alternatively get something a bit more blue-water capable and just run it around the outer coast from time to time.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:20 PM   #11

City: Rio Vista, California
Vessel Name: Margie L
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 32
For shipping information try https://drftco.com/. They have moved many NT
tlacourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:49 PM   #12
Guru

City: DC
Vessel Name: Carolena II
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 32/34
I asked about the website on one of the owners forums and the response is that Nordic Tug has been having issues with their web provider that should be sorted out soon.
Carolena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:00 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Vessel Model: Tollycraft 40 Sport Sedan
Most people that own boats in Portland that are of any size either take it around the outside or have it hauled to Olympia. Norgard-Kirkpatrick is a local transport company that does that move all the time for Portland area boaters. Give them a call and see what they can move and maybe get some ballpark rates:

Norgard-Kirkpatrick Boat Hauling