Does it get any worse than this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse; it does.

So Dauntless is very quiet at night, certainly dark also.

So why do I always wake up for an hour or two in the middle is the night?

Well, I thought I found a solution. I've noticed that a gin and tonic before bedtime really seems to help.

Now, don't get me wrong. I almost always have wine in the evening, and I have even gone to the extreme of not having any alcohol to see if it makes any difference; it doesn't.

I pretty much gave up hard alcohol ever since the famous alcohol poisoning episode of 1996 in Seattle.

So finding gin and tonic was epic.

But now, two days ago, I ran out of tonic. So last night, I had gin, with ice, water and lime.
Not terrible and I slept well.

So now, I have fallen to the depths of the depths. No tonic, no ice, and no lime.

So I'm drinking gin and water.

How the mighty have fallen!

Told Joy that I'm getting discount at the liquor store now without having to buy a case . She informed that was nothing to brag about .

Last edited by a moderator:
Soon it will be no lime, no tonic, no ice, no water, no glass.

:rofl:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try. But the I don't have the Irish pubs and Guinness to keep me up past midnight.

For me a good glass of single malt scotch, neat and a tasty cigar while watching the sun go down...man it doesn't get any better! Well until I retire at the end of this year....

Hey Rich it is the Dauntless talking to you!!! get rid of that grape crap and drink a good drink!!!!

How about Ciroc Vodka on 1000 yr old glacial ice while hooked down in Cascade Bay. That is living!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 113
Rich....I think your next step is a little more subtle. Remember that scene with Bogart in the African Queen when he leans over the gunwale to dip his glass into the river water to mix with the gin. He gulps two of 'em down and says to Hepburne, "Want one, Miss"?

You're in bloody Eire, for crying out loud! What's wrong with Guinness (pure genius) or a tot of whisky? When I was in Dublin I was looking for my 1st pint of the black gold by 10:30 am.

BTW, O'Donoghues, (pronounced Oh-Donahue-whose) is a very famous "singling pub" in Dublin. Worth checking out, if you haven't already done so. Great music and grat "crack".

http://www.odonoghues.ie

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Ok, I'm lost. My son is in the wine and spirits business. I drink for free and everything tastes great.

Ok, I'm lost. My son is in the wine and spirits business. I drink for free and everything tastes great.

Do not let him move too far away.

My best friend is in the same business and moved out of state last year. Had to restock my liquor cabinet on my own dime and found my taste was now breathtakingly expensive.

Ha, ha, I can really relate to that!

Richard I agree with ASD, a good scotch or sipping whisky, neat ... solves all of your problems. No worries about mixers, ice, refrigeration. Heck you won't even have to leave the boat! Except to restock of course.

Kevin
Portland, OR

Just be surely you're securely docked.

Mark, looks like mistletoe hanging there, is that an icebreaker for your group? You are in SF and all. And is that picture on a Nordic or American tug? ??????

Kevin
Portland, OR

So finding gin and tonic was epic.

But now, two days ago, I ran out of tonic. So last night, I had gin, with ice, water and lime.
Not terrible and I slept well.

So now, I have fallen to the depths of the depths. No tonic, no ice, and no lime.

So I'm drinking gin and water.

How the mighty have fallen!

Just keep it really cold, pour it into a cone shaped, stemmed glass, and call it a dry martini. If you have any olives or lemons (twists) laying around, they make a good garnish. :thumb:

I used to fly people into a community where the drink of choice was gin and milk(!).

Don't give up yet.

My son worked for Diago..... Left and went to work for whirlpool...broke my heart... Just how many washer dryers, food processors and dish washers can Ya use? Johnny Walker, Ciroc and JB that is altogether another subject.:nonono:

Mark, looks like mistletoe hanging there, is that an icebreaker for your group? You are in SF and all. And is that picture on a Nordic or American tug? ������������

Kevin
Portland, OR

Yes, but it is artificial.

The photo was taken on my Seahorse Marine Coot, a steel pilothouse trawler.

Just finished a couple of J&B/water, now for dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom