Old 06-26-2018, 04:18 PM   #1

City: San Antonio
Vessel Name: Shintullah
Vessel Model: 55' 1978 Defever
part number for low oil pressure switch

I need to replace my low oil pressure sender and I canīt find the part number. I contacted our local marine cat dealer and they couldnīt find it either. I have a cat D343TA with an Electronic Protection system, energize to shutoff or ETS. The system will shut the engine off if any of the three conditions are meet, overspeed, coolant over 209 deg or if the oil pressure is too low.

I definitely broke the low oil pressure switch(see attached photo) and I have doubts about the coolant temp switch so I would like that part number too.

The attached pdf file is not my exact ETS system but it is very close, I have the same electronic speed switch and time delay relay.

I have attached the actual wiring diagram of my boat, it may help to decipher what the three prongs do.

The only markings on the switch are the manufacture Kluxon, I called their tech support, they asked for a picture and they see what they and do... confidence is low anything with come of that, my assumption is it is a 40 year old switch.

I attached a pic of the ESS and time delay relay, Anyone out there with one of these old electronic protect systems?

Any ideas where I can start?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180624_120518.jpg   IMG_20180624_120527.jpg   Low oil pressure switch.jpg   wire diagram.jpg  
Talonewo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
Guru

City: Anacortes
You have a three terminal oil pressure switch. It has both a normally open and normally closed terminal. You mainly just need to ensure you find a switch with the right thread size. Bonus if it also has screw in terminals. You don’t need to find the exact mfg and they should not be terribly hard to replace. You can likely get one at a parts store, but will need to find a generic part number. Search three terminal oil pressure switch.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:28 PM   #3
Guru

City: Anacortes
This might work https://centuryfuelproducts.com/ele8...-lflp20-611120
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:49 AM   #4
Technical Guru

City: Wilmington, NC
Vessel Name: Louisa
Vessel Model: Custom Built 38
Nason makes generic three terminal pressure switches (NO-C-NC) at a variety of setpoints, and some are adjustable.

Also, do you really want an automatic shutdown on your engine? It's a propulsion engine, and not a generator, right? Auto shutdowns are good for engines that run unattended but not so good for propulsion engines as there is (should be) a helmsman at all times. A good alarm system and helmsman can decide if to shutdown.
Ski in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:28 AM   #5
Guru

City: gulf coast
Indeed, do you really want the engine to shut down as you enter an inlet?
bayview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:30 AM   #6
Guru

City: gulf coast
Try measuring the resistance and see if napa has a similar resistance switch.
bayview is offline   Reply With Quote