Dockwa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We used it several times bringing the Endeavour from Ft. Myers to New Orleans. Found it easy to use and a lot of marinas use it. However, you do have to commit and give a credit card to reserve. Have not tried to cancel yet, but I can see that it might be a hassle

If I cancel per the cancellation quidelines for the marina holding the reservation, I've had no problem getting a refund. Takes a little while to get a credit back on my CC, just like any other credit card refund.

If you look at transient slips like hotel rooms, I see no problem with paying up front to reserve a slip. If you pick a popular marina at a popular time you take an asset of the marina off the market. If you don't show up then the marina was unable to utilize that space as anticipated and could have lost some revenue (assuming that they could have sold that space to someone else). Marina slip nights are a perishable product.

Hotels have cancellation policies that are intended to protect them and usually are not unreasonable (IMO). If you were a hotel operator what would you think of people who made a reservation and then didn't show? You might want some compensation.

FWIW, rental car companies are starting to implement similar cancellation policies for the same reasons.

If you have to cancel a reservation due to exceptional circumstances I guess you have to call the marina holding the reservation and plead your case.

DOCKWA - Great Service

We've used this service for a few years now and have nothing but good things to say about it. Dockwa and The Waterway Guide are two items we consider a"must have" for waterway cruising, especially when there is no planned destination.

Enjoy!

Isn’t it outrageous that businesses selling space at docks want to get paid for keeping others out of your reserved space? Whether you show up to use it or not?

...Cortana, forking Alexa, forking Siri. Just stop...

Reminds me of Jiffy pop and electric carving knives. It’ll be a frosty Friday before I get a smart fridge. And my smart tv became dumb within 2 years, so we bypassed the smartness with something smarter.

Reminds me of Jiffy pop and electric carving knives. It’ll be a frosty Friday before I get a smart fridge. And my smart tv became dumb within 2 years, so we bypassed the smartness with something smarter.

Yup, the best solution to a "smart tv" is a dangling plug.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom