Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #21
Guru

RE: Dockage fees

Right about $1300 for the year includes Yacht Club dues, moorage, electric (separate meters) etc. I own my own boathouse. Pt. Orchard, WA, 30 year member on June 1, 2011

Ken

2bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #22
Guru

City: Vallejo, California
Vessel Name: Mahalo Moi
Vessel Model: 1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic

Dswizzler,

We're in Vallejo. No need to worry, Mark, the marina is only half full!

Ray

Giggitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #23
Guru

City: Chocowinity NC
Vessel Name: My Yuki
Vessel Model: 1973 Marine Trader 34
Dockage fees

We have deeded slips, running ~ $1000/foot to buy, plus annual maintenance, incl. electricity for ~$17/foot.* Floating docks with full length piers on both sides of each slip - good for us old folk getting on and off!

Near Washington NC , on Pamlico River. Most slips are owned by community residents but living here is not a rqmt. Not a lot of water for sailboats - 5' is about the max draft.

-- Edited by ARoss on Monday 3rd of January 2011 08:34:44 PM
ARoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #24
Guru

City: Biloxi Mississippi
Vessel Name: Patricia Louise II
Vessel Model: 1983 42' Present Sundeck

Hey Al,
That is a beautiful area. I graduated High School in Belhaven.
Forkliftt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #25

Dockage fees

Central Florida, nice City Marina although limited facilities $7,500 includes 45' slip 220v, cable and water. Liveaboard would run about $10k. Nice weather, free.

-- Edited by Avista on Monday 3rd of January 2011 09:20:21 PM
Avista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #26
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48

Nice weather? If you like bugs, hurricanes and humidity 8 months out of the year. My favorite time in Fl is January - April, when the above 3*"issues" are gone/diminished.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #27
Guru

Dockage fees

$8 per ft on an annual lease + electric in St Petersburg, FL at Loggerhead marina. Marina is new and has had a tough time getting renters due to economy. No sailboats due to a 17' bridge at entrance. Nice amenities such as a pool and nice landscaping. No security and located in a poorer section of town. Non the less I don't expect this price to last long.

Bugs and hurricanes are way over rated.

-- Edited by timjet on Monday 3rd of January 2011 11:52:10 PM
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #28
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6

Quote:
Giggitoni wrote:

Dswizzler,

We're in Vallejo. No need to worry, Mark, the marina is only half full!

Ray
Ray, Vallejo has high murder and property crime rates.* So, how effective*are any*security and vigilance of liveaboards at the Vallejo Municipal Marina on the piers and parking lots, especially overnight?***
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #29
Guru

City: Vallejo, California
Vessel Name: Mahalo Moi
Vessel Model: 1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Dockage fees

Mark,

We've kept our GB42 here for 2 1/2 years. We have never heard of any property damage or theft at the marina or in the parking lots. The marina is key entry only. I like having about 10% liveaboards. They are good people and keep an eye on things, I'm sure. The City of Vallejo has provided a nice walking area along the length of the marina so the traffic is a deterrent for theft and vandalism. Security patrols the marina and facilities during the night. However, like everyplace I go, I always keep my eyes open with one facing aft!

Ray

-- Edited by Giggitoni on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 12:16:51 AM

-- Edited by Giggitoni on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 12:18:55 AM
Giggitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Montuak, NY

135 a foot for the summer.

35 for the winter storage.

So for a 44' vessel, that is.......

that's almost $7500 a year and they charge extra to use the freezer, for cable and for electric.

All work has to be done by marina or they get a surcharge from vendors/workers.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:23 AM   #31
FF
Guru

$1500 for local property tax extortions , about the same for hurricane insurance (were paying into a "state fund" for past insurance stupidities.

$3000 a year about $300 a month for 300 ft of tieup space .

OR a buck a foot , weather there is a boat or 7.

House and storage and workshop are free.

AS is the Honney Doo work!
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #32
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC

$10.50 fer foot per month plus $30 per month for electric (30 amp) in Charleston, SC. That's $4,140 per year. That includes a $.50 per foot increase starting this year.

Two bathrooms, each with a shower, plus additional bathrooms in the office when it is open.
rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #33
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse

Quote:
timjet wrote:

$8 per ft on an annual lease + electric in St Petersburg, FL at Loggerhead marina. Marina is new and has had a tough time getting renters due to economy. No sailboats due to a 17' bridge at entrance. Nice amenities such as a pool and nice landscaping. No security and located in a poorer section of town. Non the less I don't expect this price to last long.

Bugs and hurricanes are way over rated.

-- Edited by timjet on Monday 3rd of January 2011 11:52:10 PM
Tim, you're not far from my parent's place down on Treasure Island! *They are very near Central and Gulf Blvd.- we regularly go down there. *Great place.
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #34
Veteran Member

$4980 per year with 220v power (42' uncovered) - Gig Harbor Wa. And that is at a bit of a discount because we're in the first slip and at times the depth behind the boat is too shallow to get in and out.

There are cheeper slips in Port Orchard and Bremerton but I like seeing Mt. Ranier rather than the mercury vapor lights of the Puget Sound Naval Ship Yard. (No problem with Navy as I'm ex-Navy myself but I just hate the lights.)
carvendive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #35
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse

We boated the last 4 years on Lake Lanier, GA. For a 42' cover slip with water included, gated marina with tennis courts (which we never used) we paid $495 a month. We now pay $383 a month for a 40' covered slip with gated dock and water included. Electric is billed directly by the local electric company. Pump outs free if I go over to the gas dock, $5 a pump out of they bring the mobile pump out to my slip and pump it out there. We have a nice view from our slip too as no docks past us on our side of the dock! *Couple of pictures of our view attached- my son is kayaking in one of them and pictures taken off the back of our trawler. *
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0879.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	4026   Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0915.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	4027  
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #36

City: Louisville
Vessel Name: Lucky Dog
Vessel Model: Mainship 350 Trawler

In a protected harbor here in the Louisville area on the Ohio River we have 50' x 15' floating docks. $1,800.00 for the year includes water and pumpout dock in a gated marina. Electric is metered. We owned the slip so it's property taxes and $650.00 annual maintenance fee only.
David O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #37
TF Site Team

City: San Mateo, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl II
Vessel Model: PT 35

this is so interesting!*

We are on the SF bay, in San Mateo.* We pay $310*a month ($3720/yr) for a 40' slip.* We could move to a 36' slip for less $ but we like our dock neighbors.* that includes water and electricity and there are bathrooms on the berm with showers.* We also belong to the yacht club but that doesn't provide us any amenities boating wise so I won't count that cost.* The club does have showers and free ice.* * We also can use the launch ramp for free and since we have a trailer for our dink we use that a bit.

We also boat year around and jsut had a fab four day weekend trip to Sausalito for New Years.*
Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #38
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6

Quote:
Pineapple Girl wrote:

... We also boat year around and jsut had a fab four day weekend trip to Sausalito for New Years.*
So Jennifer, how many restaurant meals did you consume there in Sausalito?* And your favorite?* Were you at a guest dock? and the cost?

markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #39
TF Site Team

City: Home Port: Buck's Harbor, Maine
Vessel Name: "Emily Anne"
Vessel Model: 2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)

Quote:
Pineapple Girl wrote:....We also boat year around and just had a fab four day weekend trip to Sausalito for New Years....
So envious. Our boating season is so short. Being able to boat year round sounds like where I want to go when I go (except I will probably be sent somewhere else less pleasant)

dwhatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #40
TF Site Team

City: San Mateo, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl II
Vessel Model: PT 35

Quote:
markpierce wrote:

Pineapple Girl wrote:

... We also boat year around and jut had a fab four day weekend trip to Sausalito for New Years.*
So Jennifer, how many restaurant meals did you consume there in Sausalito?* And your favorite?* Were you at a guest dock? and the cost?
oh my gosh Mark it seemed like all we did was eat and drink.* We ate a lot on the boat, though.* We didn't try anywhere new, we had a lunch at Le Garage (at Schoonmakers) which is good, with fairly slow service.**You feel like you are realy in France!* We went by Fish but they were closed.* They food there is quite good but WAY overpriced, especially since you have to order at a counter!* At least they bring it to you.* Cash only.* We had a fairly awful dinner at the Sausalito Cruising Club.* $15/pp for a buffet.* Great bar though and lots of fun.** We had*brunch at the Sausalito Yacht Club.* Matt had the croissant fried egg BLT and LOVED it.* Our only other shore-side dining was a basket of fries at Paradise Restaurant.* We had to eat something to counteract all the booze we were drinking while watching the 49ers game.*

Aboard the boat we enjoyed crab cakes (store bought) with chipotle remoulade sauce and garlic and rosemary marinated flanksteak for new years eve dinner.* The remoulade made a great sandwich spread with the left over flank steak.* We had a few bacon and egg breakfasts and we made some of those Pillsbury cinnabon cinnamon rolls.* YUMMY!*

I highly recommend the Kirkland pre-made margaritas from Costco!* And our "boat drink" of pineapple girls, AKA Myer's sunset (recipe on the Myers bottle)

We paid $1/ft per night plus $3/night for electricity at Schoonmakers.* They squeezed us into a TINY slip.* I did not think it was going to be*wide enough but we were able to squeeze in.* They were full though so I guess it was better than being turned away.* In the better weather months they have a lot more guest dock space but they do not use some of the outside ties in the stormy winter months...

How's that for a thread*hi-jack!*

Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote