Dock box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might have to sell the boat to pay for the dental implants. CHUCKLE

Oh too funny! Yes wifeyb knows all about my work! But, those who have met me in person from here know I’m just a gal who loves her boat and loves when members stop by! :flowers:

Oh too funny! Yes wifeyb knows all about my work! But, those who have met me in person from here know I’m just a gal who loves her boat and loves when members stop by! :flowers:

Send address. :angel: :lol:

You stood me up this year...

Sniff...

You stood me up this year...

Sniff...

Hey don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I have been stood up so many times in my life, I am always surprised when my date shows up or is there when I pick her up.

Couple of weeks ago, I had a date for lunch. Told the guy handing out tables,
"I am expecting a lady but, I won't be surprised if she doesn't show up.", and sure enough, stood up again.

After a while, it doesn't hurt anymore. SHRUG

Hey don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I have been stood up so many times in my life, I am always surprised when my date shows up or is there when I pick her up.

Couple of weeks ago, I had a date for lunch. Told the guy handing out tables,
"I am expecting a lady but, I won't be surprised if she doesn't show up.", and sure enough, stood up again.

After a while, it doesn't hurt anymore. SHRUG

It might be in the invite - do you tell her you have a trawler - or a yacht?! :)

:whistling:
It might be in the invite - do you tell her you have a trawler - or a yacht?! :)

I always describe it as a little bitty boat.
Ah BTW, it was only for lunch, away from the boat. SHRUG.

Also, the marina is full of busy bodies in the surrounding condos. They have nothing else to do than to observe my life (eat your heart out) and ask really stupid questions, the first being, "How did you two meet?"
Always I tell the same story. "I was drunk and dancing on a table in a strip club. A group of 'church ladies' came in, to save souls. One saw I was way too drunk to drive home. She drove me home, the next day she came to drive me back to my car. After that, we became friends."
Not sure why but, no one believes that story. :angel: :whistling:
Now why would I ever lie about 'How we met'?

Last edited:

Wifey B: You're like many women rolled up into one and aspects people would never expect to fit together. I'm impressed with all the work on a boat you can do yourself. I love women like you who just blow all the stereotypes away. Model to mother to boat mechanic. Comfy in front of camera and just chatting with people who drop by.

I love that you're just a gal and just don't try to fit some mold but you are who you are. My kind of woman. :)

Wifey B: You're like many women rolled up into one and aspects people would never expect to fit together. I'm impressed with all the work on a boat you can do yourself. I love women like you who just blow all the stereotypes away. Model to mother to boat mechanic. Comfy in front of camera and just chatting with people who drop by.

I love that you're just a gal and just don't try to fit some mold but you are who you are. My kind of woman. :)

Love you wifey B. You get it!

Strong women!

Post of the month!

Many of us appreciate strong, capable women who break the stereotypes. I'm proud of raising 2 daughters who have grown into strong women (27 and 28), experts in their own fields and diversified areas of interest. I always appreciated a lady who knew the difference between a 7/16 socket and a 3/8 drive.

Being from a big family with 8 kids in a small suburbia Midwest town, I learned quite a bit from my sisters...and they learned a thing or two from me. But I never learned to sew. I should fix that!

Attachments

• mancard.jpg
    mancard.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 48
... I never learned to sew. I should fix that!

Me neither. During mid-school, "practical" classes for boys were wood and metal working. Girls went to homemaking classes, but both my sisters never learned to cook or sew, or at least never used those skills afterward!

But I never learned to sew. I should fix that!

I have a cousin who his senior year of high school took home economics. He did it because he had a crush on the teacher who was the wife of the baseball coach and he was a star pitcher so had been around her a lot, plus the idea of a class with all girls appealed to him as a teen boy. He often said later it was one of the most valuable courses he ever took. Having some basic cooking and homemaking skills and even the sewing skills came in handy to a single guy out on his own.

You're right there WifeyB. If I didn't know how to sew back on stray buttons, I'd have no shirts left I could wear. My wife always saves those jobs up "until there's a decent number to make it worthwhile hauling out the sewing machine, needles, and cotton, etc." :ermm:

Also, using scaled up gear, serves me well when I have to attack the stitching that's come lose on the zips on the cockpit canopy hatches, and elsewhere. :socool:

There are a few women at my marina who own and work on their boats.

Ya never know!

I'm old school and you just made me realize just how old school I am. You ladies probably know a lot more than I do about diesel engines, etc. Please accept my apology.

bank to dock boxes (but the off thread was interesting....)

Does anyone know where to get vertical boxes reasonable?

Been trying to sell a Lane cedar chest built in 1945. But I was thinking would make a nice dock box on the boat, maybe storage on the flybridge or
the rear cockpit.
This is solidly built.
Has an OEM painted wood grained finish, I could strip and finish with the cedar look.

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/fuo/d/cedar-chest-made-by-lane/6406497455.html

29" wide length
28" tall height
17.5 " deep (from front to back)

I have a cousin who his senior year of high school took home economics. He did it because he had a crush on the teacher who was the wife of the baseball coach and he was a star pitcher so had been around her a lot, plus the idea of a class with all girls appealed to him as a teen boy. He often said later it was one of the most valuable courses he ever took. Having some basic cooking and homemaking skills and even the sewing skills came in handy to a single guy out on his own.

My mother insisted on making me learn to cook, clean, do laundry and sew. Her exact statement was, "I'm not going to send you out in the world without being able to take care of yourself. Your future wife needs a husband, not an adult child, and she has no interest in becoming your mother. At the end of the day, she's not going to blame me for her problems with you"

I ended up taking Culinary Arts classes in high school and worked in restaurants all through high school and college.

My mother insisted on making me learn to cook, clean, do laundry and sew. Her exact statement was, "I'm not going to send you out in the world without being able to take care of yourself. Your future wife needs a husband, not an adult child, and she has no interest in becoming your mother. At the end of the day, she's not going to blame me for her problems with you"

I ended up taking Culinary Arts classes in high school and worked in restaurants all through high school and college.

We have quite a few female friends/family members as part of our extended family who do not cook at all or very very little. Many who don't sew. They all do a little cleaning, even those who have housekeepers come in. Only perhaps two who do no laundry. I know how to cook, clean, and do laundry, but not how to sew. Well, let me correct that. I did learn how to sew in a medical officer in charge class. I remember the instructor saying something like "it's the same principal as sewing fabric." My wife laughed. He stared. I said, "and that helps us how?" Then we got the "you've neither ever sewn?" by now the whole room laughing. Now, the last laugh came from us watching some of those who sewed trying to suture without using their hands but using a holder and forceps.

Back
Top Bottom