Do you use protection???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllanY

Vessel Make
Cheoy Lee, Trawler
What do others out there use for protection around the gunwales on their hard dinghies to prevent topside damage??

Allan

-- Edited by AllanY on Thursday 19th of May 2011 04:33:09 PM

AirOfloats plus rubber on the bow.
hard dingys don't appear as popular in the US as they are here Allan. we like tinnies
They go more for the RIB style of thing.

3/4 round fabric guard material, on our sailing 9 ft Grumman aluminum dink.
'
Same as when it was built .

Benn

I have a 11 ft V nose punt I want to use on the boat however it needs to be loaded on my boat loader on the car so I can take it home so it needs to slide on the loader to load hence the question

I am thinking of black poly pipe but not sure if it will mark the topsides

Allan

-- Edited by AllanY on Friday 20th of May 2011 04:20:41 AM

I use the 12 ft Livingston to wash/wax/varnish from the water.* I use fenders tied together the length wise.* I have a lot of net float and was thinking of hanging/stringing along the side.* Some people have*fasten large rope to the sides.*

I have two Aluminum skiffs that I use, a 12 foot Lund that I carry on top and a 14 footer that is my play boat around the house as well as a towable skiff. Both of these have "Fishing Net Corks/Poly Corks" attached about a foot apart around the gunwals with ploy line. We have been using these skiffs for years without any of those lovely aluminim skuff marks on the mother ship. These corks can be purchased for about $1.50 each new,*to $0.30 each used. Hopefully you can see this from the attached photo.

Rob Hays

-- Edited by Rob on Friday 20th of May 2011 10:15:04 AM

Attachments

• minus 3.3 ft.jpg
    minus 3.3 ft.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 83
Rob
How about a close up shot of the skiff? I like the idea of a tinny- I hate deflatables! I'm particularlly interested in how you attached the floats to the gunwhale. Did you drill or do something else?

Back
Top Bottom