Do you need to buy marine/Rv toilet paper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mmmm, so if you don't use bare hands, where do you put the paper? Asking for a friend :socool:

TP of whatever specifications you prefer. Put the used tissue, sanitary towel etc in a lined bin. Sprinkle some bleach powder on top every day and dispose of the bag when you dispose of the trash. Your holding tank, pumps, macerator etc will thank you for it.

" Come back in a couple of hours and stir the water."

Some British folks prefer shaken , not stirred.

Quite right FF. Nice one. It all depends how the particles 'bond' I think. :D

We never flush anything in the head that didn't come from a human.

Why not do like the Romans did? Hang a piece of soft leather next to the head for everyone to use.

OK, I'm a retired master plumber, I've seen all manner of clogs, backups, and poop-related grossness in my 30 yrs in the trade. But the little basket of fecal-coated tissue next to the head ranks right up there with the top-rated grossness. Mostly because it's simply unnecessary. Marine heads & plumbing systems are designed to handle toilet tissue, provided it will disintegrate in water. It's no more prone to blockage than anything that comes from a human. A simple test will prove the suitability for use, and eliminate the unhygienic practice of collecting used paper.

AAHHhhhh! Now I understand why so many recommend placing it in water and shake it around :rofl:

:rofl::thumb:

Why not do like the Romans did? Hang a piece of soft leather next to the head for everyone to use.

OK, I'm a retired master plumber, I've seen all manner of clogs, backups, and poop-related grossness in my 30 yrs in the trade. But the little basket of fecal-coated tissue next to the head ranks right up there with the top-rated grossness. Mostly because it's simply unnecessary. Marine heads & plumbing systems are designed to handle toilet tissue, provided it will disintegrate in water. It's no more prone to blockage than anything that comes from a human. A simple test will prove the suitability for use, and eliminate the unhygienic practice of collecting used paper.

You haven't met my son. He plugs every toilet he uses and it's not with paper, as we first thought. :lol:

:rofl::thumb:

You haven't met my son. He plugs every toilet he uses and it's not with paper, as we first thought. :lol:
Oh, yes I have. Not in the same person, but in 30 yrs of dealing with what runs downhill, there's not much that's new under the sun. Fiber, son. Fiber

Single ply is good,you just fold it double.:)
A decent macerator can deal with most paper.
Using both sides of the paper is economical and green,but messy and brown.
Wet wipes after using paper, NOT TO BE FLUSHED, are good. Place in a plastic bag lined bin in the head. They reduce the quantity of paper used and they clean better.
We keep an antibacterial liquid soap dispenser bottle in the head.

Oh, yes I have. Not in the same person, but in 30 yrs of dealing with what runs downhill, there's not much that's new under the sun. Fiber, son. Fiber
:thumb: :rofl:

Oh, Fiber, son. Fiber

Amen! What comes out of one end is a direct result of what's taken in--or isn't--at the other end.

It's also important to add water to the bowl ahead of solids...it reduces the amount of flush water needed and keeps the bowl a lot cleaner. If your toilet isn't designed to bring water in and hold it, use a cup from the sink...an idea that has never occurred to an amazing number of boat owners.

--Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

All worked great for over 6 years full time live aboard with one particularly high per-flush usage crew member included.

I bet we ALL have one crewmember like that!

We never flush anything in the head that didn't come from a human.

TP of whatever specifications you prefer. Put the used tissue, sanitary towel etc in a lined bin. Sprinkle some bleach powder on top every day and dispose of the bag when you dispose of the trash. Your holding tank, pumps, macerator etc will thank you for it.

You guys must be old sailboaters and/or have manual heads. It seems to me that you're solving a problem that doesn't exist by creating another set of problems.

It's really very simple if you use the right TP.

#JustFlushIt

I bet we ALL have one crewmember like that!

You guys must be old sailboaters and/or have manual heads. It seems to me that you're solving a problem that doesn't exist by creating another set of problems.

It's really very simple if you use the right TP.

#JustFlushIt
Well I will admit to being old and a sailboater. I don’t have any issues with my way except the ocational young female who wrap up the electric head macerator with a used towel. I’ll stay with my conservative approach but appreciate the ‘heads up’

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom