Do you have a Woody?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KJ wrote:

Carey wrote:

Is Ursa Major a Malahide? I think so.

"*Launched at the Malahide shipyard just outside of Dublin Ireland in 1972, Ursa Major is a magnificent example of"Old World" craftsmanship.* Ursa Major is 65 feet long almost 20 feet wide and displaces over 100 tons and powered by a heavy-duty Caterpillar Diesel Engine with two diesel auxiliary generators.* She was built to the rugged "Det Norske Veritas" construction standards certifying her to operate year round in the extreme conditions of the North Sea.* All of this guarantees Ursa Major's guest of a comfortable and safe cruise while in Alaska's Inside Passage."

-- Edited by KJ on Saturday 19th of February 2011 12:05:24 AM
Thanks KJ. I love those Malahides.

Carey wrote:

Is Ursa Major a Malahide? I think so.

You guys never fail to amaze me with all the stuff you know.** KJ

The Ultimate Woody:** The HMS VICTORY

Attachments

• hms victory in battle by chris n wood.jpg
    hms victory in battle by chris n wood.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 2008_08_20_victory_donal_oneill_b.jpg
    2008_08_20_victory_donal_oneill_b.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 2008_08_20_victory_donal_oneill_f.jpg
    2008_08_20_victory_donal_oneill_f.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 2008_08_20_victory_donal_oneill_c.jpg
    2008_08_20_victory_donal_oneill_c.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 2008_08_20_victory_donal_oneill_a.jpg
    2008_08_20_victory_donal_oneill_a.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 77
KJ wrote:

The Ultimate Woody:** The HMS VICTORY
Thanks for those pics. Brings back memories of touring her about 10 years ago. Was visiting England with my wife and mother-in-law and dragged them down to Portsmouth specifically to see Victory. Also dragged them to Greenwich to see Cutty Sark and the National Maritime Museum. Couldn't induce them to go to the Imperial War Museum though.

Woodsong wrote:

David,
you've GOT to post more pics of that boat! She looks incredible. Gas or diesel powered? Post more pics!
Well, all my pics seem to have either disappeared or are corrupted. Best I can do is a .pdf file of the brochure, with pics, I made up when we had the boat for sale. Here's a link to the file sharing site where I just uploaded and parked it.

http://viewer.zoho.com/docs/v4td9

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom