Do me a favor?? (flybridge enclosures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Besslb

Guru
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 42'
Do me a favor and measure the width of the Canvasl bordering your glass panels in your enclosures.* From the edge of the glass to the center of the zippers.* (1-3 inches??)

Pictures would be awesome too.* Specifically close ups of the zippers to the bimini and zippers to each other.

THANKS YA'LL!!!*

I am not really sure what you are getting at? If you explain why you want this then we might better understand and you may get more action. Obviously, most don't liveaboard and are unable to get you an answer right away...

She is making an enclosure for the Skinny Dippin' flybridge. All she needs is for someone to measure how wide the non-clear part of the seams between the panels is. Where the zipper is. We need to also see how the zipper is attached to the Strataglass (Close-up pictures will help tremendously here). She has an idea, but just want to see how some others are done too. Please help her. THANKS!

Bess don't have a flybridge enclosure, but here is a picture of my rear helm deck enclosure.* I'm not at the boat, so no measurements.* FWIW.

Attachments

• moonstruck detailed and window covers 002.jpg
    moonstruck detailed and window covers 002.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 87
Yea... we see a lot of pictures showing entire enclosures, but it's a close-up we really would like to see. I can't seem to narrow a search down on Flickr, Picassa or in Google to see the zipper seams up close. Thanks.

-- Edited by GonzoF1 on Thursday 20th of October 2011 07:53:59 PM

Thanks Guys!* I have a really great plan, but thought I'd ask to see some close up pictures to make sure I don't do something stupid before I get too far along.* I didn't expect to get pictures till the weekend, so no worries.

The first step was patterning and cutting the glass.* That's done.* Next step is cutting the facing and zippers, I'm using 2inch facing on both sides, so the zipper will be totally enclosed, leaving probably 3..5 inches of fabric borders.* Tom is worried that is too much or too wide.

This stage is just three panels across the front.* Side panels will be next.*

Thanks for the help and encouragement!* I really appreciate having somewhere to bounce ideas around!

Make sure the seams overlap correctly or it will leak. Whomever made the enclosure for our previous owner screwed that up and it leaks thru that seam. I will try to remember to get a pic of "what not to do".

we went topless for the summer and really like it... so for now it stays that way.

Don't blame you a bit Per, not even a little.* I'm doing the enclosure so year-round boating is more comfortable...and less rained on.* I don't mind getting rained on when it's 90 degrees...but at 50 it's alot less enjoyable.* :)

Tom and I both drive convertibles, so going topless is simply normal to us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom