Do I need a Shipwright?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Bruce, Removing the items didn’t make any difference which I found unusual. That’s why I thought it may be one of the stabilizers. I’m following Auscan’s advice & filling up the portside water tank for ballast & using starboard for daily use. I don’t use much so may take some time. I’m thinking of getting a Shipwright. Cheers. Sue

I adjust ballasts using fuel and water...works great but you have to keep on top of it. I also pack other cargo accordingly. My 2 AGMs for the inverter are on the side prone to listing also and 2 lead ingots on that side too

Listing essel

I have a 42’ steel trawler that displaces 40 tons and lists to port. I have a dinghy on the port side, as well as galley on port side including refrigerator, dishwasher, stove and oven. I relocated everything possible from the port side to the starboard side, incorporated lead ingots opposite the list, and finally I use outboard water tanks to fine tune the trim with a transfer valve, topping up the starboard side to level out, depending on the dinghy being on the boat deck or as a tow. The boat is more efficient and has less roll properly trimmed.

"I’m thinking of getting a Shipwright."

You might do better with a Naval Archatect

Back
Top Bottom