Old 03-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #21

City: St. Catharines
Vessel Name: Delia Rosa
Vessel Model: C & L Sea Ranger 47 Raised Pilothouse
RE: Do boats have feelings?

Dave - SD,

That's how both my husband and I feel about "Delia Rosa".... I guess we're in a "menage a trois"!

Delia Rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #22
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse

Quote:
skipperdude wrote:

I think my boat is a living thing.

When I step aboard she rolls a little just to help me on.
When I turn the key she sings.
The slap of the pistons and the purr as she settles in.
the soft bump as I slide her into gear.
As*I push up the throttle she surges like she wants more.
As I near cruise speed her song changes.
she humms a beautifull song*
A song of waves, wind, sun and rain.

Yes I think my boat has feelings
I think she loves me.

That is why the Admiras thinks I'm having an affair.

SD
If your boat could read this, and she very well may able to, I think she would be pleased!

Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #23
Grand Vizier

A very good series of books on topic is Robin Hobb's Liveship trilogy.* It's about boats that attain consciousness and is pretty interesting on the subject of the relationship between ship and master.
Delfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #24
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B

Every time I go out in my boat to me is a trip of a lifetime. Funnily enough, over the last 2 weeks of the year, when we were out on the Pacific Sun, I enjoyed it immensely, but could hardly wait to get home to take Lotus out on her New Year cruise for even a few days. Sadly that did not happen....but more about that later.
Have you noticed how much more you enjoy a water-based holiday when you don't ever have to think, "when I go home this will all end", because back home, you have your own boat.
However, just for now, I am having to accept delayed gratification because I have not been able to have that new year cruise.....or one since, because she can't go. We are still waiting for parts. However, I'm assured they are going through cutoms even as I type...he beddaberight...!* Ahhhhh the pain of withdrawal.......
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #25
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6

Every time I wake up in the morning, the adventure continues.
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:25 AM   #26
Guru

Vessel Name: Anastasia III
Vessel Model: Krogen 42

Damm right. Never let your boat know she's for sale. She will turn into a spiteful bitch and express herself through multiple failures and bad habits immediately. Don't ask me how I know this.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #27
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house

I dont think boats have feelings, but we sure do. *When it comes to selling the Eagle, it will be hard and the new owners will have to meet my approval. If the new owner does not like to maintain/puts then the Eagle would not be a good boat.****

However, I would put it off as long as possible by first moor the boat back in fresh water which is easier on the boat and/or pull the boat and storage on the hard for 9 month of the year.* On the hard storage is cheaper, not as hard on the boat, less worries, the total boat can be maintained each year and with the Webasto Diesel heater it could still be heated.* There are several 40+boats in our marina that are dried stored over the winter.* Everett marina is developing a new bigger yard so boats can be stored.*

A very far fetch idea is one of our children might come to our aid?* Well, miracle do happen.
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #28
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin

Lets see... do boats have feelings (i.e. some sort of mechanical/material form of a soul)??? Humph, let me think on that... Guess what my feeling may be after reading what I say/feel. Bet you guess the correct answer to what I actually believe - from experience!

The reason we call her HER and not he is because she gives birth... every time we make love to her she makes love back to us! She really is a big sexie, firtle btch!

- When we tend to her troubles she is ready to birth more good times for us!
- When we take her on a trip she always helps to birth great dreams in our slumber!
- When we shine her up she usually births a party as co-boat-addicts come aboard for complements, and of course to party!
- When we haul her ass out in slings to spank and then pet her bottom she smiles wide and births a bill for us to pay!
- When we tune her up and fill her motors and trany with fine, new fluids she births smiles on our faces... because we know that need not occur again too soon!
- When we put new furniture inside, spruce up the heads/showers and set new ornaments for viewing in her salon she births extreme relaxation for us as we then watch a night time of movie videos!
- When we spread her two bimini over the bridge and upper level sun deck she births a mellow tan on our bodies!

Now, with all those birth rights there simply aint no way she could possibly be a he!!

Oh yes one other small thang! Dont forget to thank her for each birth sequence she so lovingly provides... Cause if Mommas Happy Everybodys Happy!!!

LOL - Art
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #29
Guru

City: Toms River
Vessel Name: D U E T T E
Vessel Model: 1996 36' Island Gypsy

Quote:
Art wrote:

Lets see... do boats have feelings (i.e. some sort of mechanical/material form of a soul)??? Humph, let me think on that... Guess what my feeling may be after reading what I say/feel. Bet you guess the correct answer to what I actually believe - from experience!

The reason we call her HER and not he is because she gives birth... every time we make love to her she makes love back to us! She really is a big sexie, firtle btch!

- When we tend to her troubles she is ready to birth more good times for us!
- When we take her on a trip she always helps to birth great dreams in our slumber!
- When we shine her up she usually births a party as co-boat-addicts come aboard for complements, and of course to party!
- When we haul her ass out in slings to spank and then pet her bottom she smiles wide and births a bill for us to pay!
- When we tune her up and fill her motors and trany with fine, new fluids she births smiles on our faces... because we know that need not occur again too soon!
- When we put new furniture inside, spruce up the heads/showers and set new ornaments for viewing in her salon she births extreme relaxation for us as we then watch a night time of movie videos!
- When we spread her two bimini over the bridge and upper level sun deck she births a mellow tan on our bodies!

Now, with all those birth rights there simply aint no way she could possibly be a he!!

Oh yes one other small thang! Dont forget to thank her for each birth sequence she so lovingly provides... Cause if Mommas Happy Everybodys Happy!!!

LOL - Art
********* Hey Art- With all that birthing you must have been there laying her keel.

********* Good post- like your chemistry with the old gal.** JohnP

JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #30
Guru

City: Bellingham, WA
Vessel Name: Happy Destiny
Vessel Model: Custom Lobster Yacht

Really???
Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:45 PM   #31
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Do boats have feelings?

Boats really don't have feelings.* They are inanimate.* However, if you don't treat her right she'll bitch slap you!

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Saturday 12th of March 2011 09:46:44 PM
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #32
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin

Quote:
JohnP wrote:Hey Art- With all that birthing you must have been there laying her keel.

Good post- like your chemistry with the old gal.** JohnP

John.... shush!!* Don't tell everyone what I may like to do with her keel... Next thing you know some of my boater friends might try to get a piece of the action.* Although I'm her Master - she is a free spirit ya know!!*- LOL

Your chemistry thinking*is a good term for a Master's relationship with a boat! - Art

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:53 AM   #33
Guru

City: Toms River
Vessel Name: D U E T T E
Vessel Model: 1996 36' Island Gypsy

Art,* You are right, just when you think you have them under control, they prove they have a Mind of their Own.

JohnP

JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote