Old 09-14-2016, 06:00 PM   #41

City: Hampton, VA
Vessel Name: 2thFISH
Vessel Model: Mainship 34
We have DISH and it works well. Others at our marina have Direct. The big difference is that we get local stations and a lot of HD on DISH while Direct doesn't offer either.

live2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:48 PM   #42
Guru

City: West Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2fish View Post
We have DISH and it works well. Others at our marina have Direct. The big difference is that we get local stations and a lot of HD on DISH while Direct doesn't offer either.
I am not a fan of Direct, but Direct does provide both. The only programming difference I noted was that Direct does not carry the Pac12 network, so I miss(ed) some Stanford and USC football. But since all the big games are on other networks, my conversion to Dish will be complete before either is in another Pac12 network game.

MYTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:00 PM   #43

City: Orange Beach, AL
We watch fishing shows while we fish!
College football saturdays find us on a sandbar or anchored up, watching the game, grilling on the transom, and enjoying cold beverages.
That beat the hell out of a sports bar.
hjorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:13 PM   #44
Guru

City: Adelaide
Vessel Name: Kokanee
Vessel Model: Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
The only TV I watch is one or two series on Netflix, and football. Australian Rules Football. The most spectacular team sport played. No, it's not rugby. Only 4 games left this season, but most of you will need satellite TV to watch it.
Have a look if you get a chance. Hawks vs Bulldogs semi-final in about 10 hours from now. Adelaide vs Sydney tomorrow.

(and now back to dish/direct TV debate)
AusCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #45
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusCan View Post
The only TV I watch is one or two series on Netflix, and football. Australian Rules Football. The most spectacular team sport played. No, it's not rugby. Only 4 games left this season, but most of you will need satellite TV to watch it.
Have a look if you get a chance. Hawks vs Bulldogs semi-final in about 10 hours from now. Adelaide vs Sydney tomorrow.

(and now back to dish/direct TV debate)
Wifey B: You have to be even crazier to play it than American Football. The field is huge and weird shaped but the colorful odd shaped balls are cool.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:27 AM   #46

City: Edgewater, MD
Vessel Name: Catalina Jack
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltcod View Post
We don't subscribe to a tv or internet service on our boat. We have some movies on DVD, we play cards, read, talk, enjoy the marine environment around us, cook and enjoy each other's company away from the rat race.
Just wondering. How does your observation advance the point of this discussion? It always amazes me when someone asks a very specific question someone answers something like "well I don't have have Ford Lehman engines but on my Perkins ....". Thread drift is one thing, irrelevant comments are a waste of evryone's time. Yeah, I know, I just drifted indulging in a pet peeve.
catalinajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #47
Veteran Member

City: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinped View Post
For the few posters that said it was primarily for the nfl sunday, wouldnt just be easier to find a local sports bar on Sunday, get a burger and a beer. I can see if it is baseball(161 games), but not football.
We're still in the working class, so Sunday is usually traveling day to get back to our marina. And in the fall, with the sun setting earlier, we have to travel mid-day. Having satellite TV and being able to watch the NFL games enroute (esp your hometown favorite) makes the trip all that much more enjoyable.

Patemey is offline   Reply With Quote