Dinghy davits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keysrock

We have a boat with a 4' wide swim platform. Now want to have dinghy davits and looking for input from the group. Cranes are not an option. One idea is the ST 275 which can be seen here: Builders of Boat Davits - Pioneers of Transom Davit Technology

or the trick davit seen here: https://www.trickdavit.com/

Our concern is that with an already very wide platform we don't want to add even more length to the boat.
The dinghy we bought is 9'6" long and is a little over 5' wide and weighs less than 100lbs

How about a simple Weaver davit system? Works great for us.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Dinghy is vertical, minimizing LOA and preventing water filling
- Very simple launching and stowing

Cons:
- Typically the outboard has to come off (although maybe not with a swiveling motor mount on the dinghy)
- Stowed dinghy might block visibility to rear while underway

We have been towing our dingy after removing some nice Davits. They are in my barn I just find towing easier overall. We have been in some pretty good snot and the dingy rides on the uphill side of the second stern wave well. Dingy is 8 foot hypalon with aluminum bottom and 10 hp Suzuki. I have a bridal and a 1/2 inch poly tow line. Nothing wrong with the davits just don’t like the dingy swinging around. Makes the boat that much longer and hides the nice wood transom. When backing into slip we just pull the dingy around to the bow.

Back
Top Bottom