Dinghy cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhays

Guru
Vessel Name
Kinship
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
Anyone have a dinghy cover they really like? I am looking for a cover for my 10' RIB and motor for when it is sitting on the boat deck. It seems as if most of the covers are ridiculously expensive, and I'm too lazy at the moment to make my own. I suppose a few square yards of fabric is destined to be more expensive for a boat than any other application.

img_443261_0_e0147895750fed170555f628612a3732.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This was made in Anacortes by a company called "Canvas Man". Luckily, the PO paid for it!

Anyone have a dinghy cover they really like? I am looking for a cover for my 10' RIB and motor for when it is sitting on the boat deck. It seems as if most of the covers are ridiculously expensive, and I'm too lazy at the moment to make my own. I suppose a few square yards of fabric is destined to be more expensive for a boat than any other application.

If it's a center console then custom is what you need. $$ No way around it. If standard tiller then lots of various choices. You decide what you like.
My custom was a boat buck and worth every penny. Made from stamoid.

img_443263_0_e0147895750fed170555f628612a3732.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This was made in Anacortes by a company called "Canvas Man". Luckily, the PO paid for it!

I may check them out.

BTW, I have always thought your boat looks great. Something about the gray and white boat in our typically gray winter weather is just fitting somehow.

Boatcoversdirect.com likely has one made for your specific boat. Great service before and after the sale.

img_443277_0_e0147895750fed170555f628612a3732.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I think mine was made by the same outfit. The PO maid for mine too!

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Boatcoversdirect.com likely has one made for your specific boat. Great service before and after the sale.

That looks like a great option.

For those with dinghy covers, what type of materials do you like? LIghtweight, or Sunbrella type?

I need to make on too for our new tender :banghead:

img_443305_0_71240b2371fef23966d72528f7aa1af4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We have Sunbrella on everything. Including the window covers and canvas on the cockpit covers.

Been though lots of covers over the years and they always go moldy and eventually rot. not to mention stopping the ponding in heavy rain.

I sort of gave up on keeping it dry. But the bigger issue here in NZ is UV which destroys RIBs pretty quickly.

So my solution is a permeable shade cloth sold cheaply at all hardware stores. Mine is 10ft X 10ft with stainless rings in the corners. It fits over my 3m Takacat just fine - haven't got a pic sorry.

The Dinghy stays clean with regular rain-water rinsing (bungs out) and protected from the damaging UV rays.

just made and installed this week... in Sunbrella :thumb:

146516617394702.jpg

146516620563183.jpg

yes guys working very well here...

Picture from smaller tender, the one for everyday, just cover for the flot, caribean UV kill hypalon very fast :bang head:

146525873888250.jpg

Back
Top Bottom