Dinette Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dswizzler

Vessel Name
Delta Swizzler
Vessel Make
1988 58' Vantare
I need to build a dinette in my salon and I'm wondering type works for most of you. I'm leaning towards two bench facing each other as opposed to the L-style and table. I have an area about 4 ft wide and just under 7 ft long.* Send and pictures and measurement you think might work. I"ll be staring to build it in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks

The big question is how the storage will be arranged under the seats.

The interior of our boat is small so the storage under is kept in plastic milk crates.

They are 2 deep and 3 wide on both sides , which holds a considerable volume of storage.

To maintain a yachtie look they could be covered by simply mounting a chunk of teak on all the outside edges , but its not something we do.

Sadly I spent the time to build "church" style seat backs , 5 different angles for comfort, which feels great bare.

But since we have thick foam over the seats and back, which creates the contour.

Some folks will use the dinette to sleep guests , great for guests you wish to depart rapidly.

4x7 is about perfect for the dinner style booth. Measure chairs etc. that fit you and your sitting manner to get your dimensions. Bolster the front of the cushions for thigh support. For real comfort don't put fiddles on the table. Your not going to be sitting and eating if it's that rough. If you want the table to drop for a berth then no bolsters. Here's some pics of the one I built for our last boat.

Attachments

• 3004139_1_20101104175238_2_0.jpg
    3004139_1_20101104175238_2_0.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 3004139_1_20101104175238_1_0.jpg
    3004139_1_20101104175238_1_0.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 75
  • dscn1282.jpg
    dscn1282.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 79
Daddyo,

Great job looks like that bench and table were OEM with the boat, so do you have both styles in your boat or is that two different boats ?

FF,
Excellent thought to consider how you plan to store product before building. I was just assuming to use what room I had ,once the seats are built, but great idea to plan that going in. I'll have to discus that with the admiral.

Before and after pics. My seats folded open for full access under for storage. I also raised the floor at the table to improve sight lines and further deepen the storage under the seats. The raised floor also allowed for sliding a folding teak chair under the table/foot area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom