Desiccant dehumidifier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Haloo

Vessel Name
Mighty Fine
Vessel Make
Kingfisher 3125GFX
Does anyone know where I can purchase an Ecor Pro desiccant dehumidifier in the USA?

(I love this forum!)

Never heard of the Ecor Pro before. Impressive. Let us know if you find a US dealer, as they are "currently unavailable" on Amazon.

Desiccant Dehumidifiers DH2500 or DH3500? - Ecor Pro

Try contacting the maker and ask them if they have any dealers in N.A. Probably your best bet. They may be sold through dealers that you won't find easily yet.

Where I used to work we used similar units to dry our plastic resins. They were not designed though for home use, rather industrial uses.

Desiccant Dehumidifiers DH2500 or DH3500? - Ecor Pro

Try contacting the maker and ask them if they have any dealers in N.A. Probably your best bet. They may be sold through dealers that you won't find easily yet.

Where I used to work we used similar units to dry our plastic resins. They were not designed though for home use, rather industrial uses.

I’ve emailed the manufacturer in the UK. A friend did as well a few days ago and hasn’t heard back.

Here are the Ecor Pro dehumidifiers for boats:
https://ecorpro.eu/product-category/eu-boat-dehumidifiers/

Ecor Pro USA
2292 Faraday Avenue
Suite 100, Carlsbad
Califonia, USA
CA92008

But it appears to be a shared office area...

Their website says to email them for American distributors of their products.

Yep. I emailed them. So did a friend a few days ago. He hasn't heard back yet.

Last edited:
Check the current draw for the units of interest. Our units were fairly large in comparison. They use electric heater elements to heat the recirculation air. THat draw is pretty much continuous and you should be aware of it.

I think I would prefer a pumped condensate line overboard instead of a humid air exhaust. What prevents the humidity from condensing back on the walls of the exhaust tube?

The funny thing that most people don't know is that a compressor-style A/C unit and a humidifier are identical, except for the A/C unit puts the heat outside, and a humidifier puts the heat back into the air.

We were told by a knowledgeable boat guy that when we leave the boat for extended periods of time it’s safer to get a portable unit from Home Depot and put it on our counter draining into the sink than to run the A/C or in our case the dehumidifier selection on our A/C. Thx eliminates water flowing through the boat running the AC.

We were told by a knowledgeable boat guy that when we leave the boat for extended periods of time it’s safer to get a portable unit from Home Depot and put it on our counter draining into the sink than to run the A/C or in our case the dehumidifier selection on our A/C. Thx eliminates water flowing through the boat running the AC.

That is because it does not have an outside cooling water source being pumped through the A/C unit. Running a humidifier would be better if you could drain the condensate overboard, and hopefully, that's where your sink drains.

As I said, a humidifier cools the air and then puts the heat back into the air. An A/C unit puts the extracted heat in the cooling water (or air) exhausted from the unit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom