Delivery Crew Recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yorksafloat

Veteran Member
A little background My wife and I were underway from the Galapagos to the Marquesas in June when she started having some neurological problems (numbness in the left arm and leg).* Upon arrival in Nuku Hiva, she was evacuated to Papeete, Tahiti, and had an MRI at the Mamao General Hospital.* There she was diagnosed with a large brain tumor and then flown back to the US for emergency surgery.* So there we were with us in the US and our 55' trawler yacht in Nuku Hiva and needing to figure out how to get the boat back home since the cancer is terminal and our cruising days are over.
We looked into shipping her back as deck cargo and that turned out to be both prohibitively expensive and terribly inconvenient (Id have to move the boat 800nm to Tahiti and then store it for 6+ months before it could be shipped).* We also got some recommendations for delivery crew but that was also looking like a terribly expensive proposition and then there is always the worry about handing the keys over to someone you dont know.
This is where my recommendation comes in.* While we were in Aruba, we met Mike Keller and Kelly Dyer.* They caught our attention because they were anchored next to us and I every time I glanced at their boat I saw them hard at work.* We met up with them at the beach bar and found out that they had been hired by the owner to get the boat ready for charter.* The more we talked with them, the more we were impressed with their character, integrity and work ethic.* We became fast friends and stayed in touch when we left Aruba to continue our trip.
When they read about our turn of events on our website, they immediately called us and offered to help bring the boat back.* Mike* sent me his boating resume which completely satisfied our insurance company and we made arrangements to meet up at LAX.
I flew with them back to Nuku Hiva on July 17th and after a couple of days to go over the boat systems with them, I handed them the keys and returned to the US.* They brought our boat back from the Marquesas during hurricane season (Nuku Hiva Clipperton Atoll Isla Socorro Cabo San Lucas Mag Bay Turtle Bay Ensenada) and arrived on September 11th.* When I met them in Ensenada, I found the boat in better condition than when I left it in Nuku Hiva.* Further testimony to their work ethic.* They simply treated our boat like they would treat their own boat and thats pretty impressive!
I wanted to put the word out that if you need a very reasonably priced delivery crew that will take extraordinary care with your boat while handling her safely and efficiently, then give Mike and Kelly a call.* They are a wonderful couple and their handling of this situation took an enormous load of my mind at a difficult time.
Their contact info is:

makboatworks@gmail.com
808-298-5818

You can also PM me if you want any additional details about this extraordinarily good experience.
Jim
www.yorksafloat.com

Good to hear they got your boat home safely and that it was a great experience. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time!!! Check in with us every now and then Jim!!!

John

Very nice of you to share your experiance and exceptionally nice that you recognize good people for good deeds!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife at this most difficult time.

Back
Top Bottom