Delivery Captain recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdud133

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Anegada da Vida
Vessel Make
1979 Mainship 34 mk1
I may be closing on a Mainship 34 mk1 soon. I will be bringing the boat from the upper Chesapeake to Rhode Island. My wife and I will be crew and are looking for a delivery captain with a patient teaching personality. Any recommendations would be great.

I am also experienced, professional with references, but I'm on the West Coast. If timing and cost worked out, I can be available. Please contact me directly for more information.

I may be closing on a Mainship 34 mk1 soon. I will be bringing the boat from the upper Chesapeake to Rhode Island. My wife and I will be crew and are looking for a delivery captain with a patient teaching personality. Any recommendations would be great.

If you think the delivery over the water estimates are high, talk to a few trucking companies. We shipped a 1981, 34' Mainship. We did not have to remove the flybridge. Just a thought. :)

Look up John Albertine in Annapolis. He taught me how to handle my then new to me 37' Newburyport trawler before we cruised her up from Annapolis to Wilson on Lake Ontario 2 years ago. He is very knowledgeable and patient. He gave me the confidence to do the job myself and took a personal interest in our voyage. Good luck!

Capt. Don Kull who frequents this forum would be perfect for this.

captdkull(at)gmail(dot)com

If you think the delivery over the water estimates are high, talk to a few trucking companies. We shipped a 1981, 34' Mainship. We did not have to remove the flybridge. Just a thought. :)

I don't think you'd get it thru Ct without removing the flybridge.

I hear these two guys are good.

Attachments

• images1EE1KWIZ.jpg
    images1EE1KWIZ.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 172
Look up John Albertine in Annapolis. He taught me how to handle my then new to me 37' Newburyport trawler before we cruised her up from Annapolis to Wilson on Lake Ontario 2 years ago. He is very knowledgeable and patient. He gave me the confidence to do the job myself and took a personal interest in our voyage. Good luck!

I'll second this recommendation for John. He gave my wife and I a half day of boat handling training that gave us the confidence to move our boat from Kent Island to Hampton. He was very patient and effective.

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Back
Top Bottom