De Groot 20 meter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a lot of boat for the money. Lack of side decks makes it a docking challenge, but I don't know if that's a significant concern. Everything I've heard and read about Dutch steel boats has been favorable. Something doesn't seem right with the price. Worth a look if you're shopping.

The lack of listing details, no ER pictures and condition of the flybridge gives me pause. If you had an interest might I suggest obtaining more current pictures and details of any insurance claims.

If you do look at the boat take a friend along who knows what and where to look for to assess required steel work going forward. Try not to focus on "lot of boat for the money" but rather money going forward to get the vessel cruise ready. Good luck

Last edited:
Commercial , oil patch yards are common in Texas.

You might visit one to get a surveyor that knows steel boats , most surveyors have no idea about steel.

The listing is certainly lacking for a vessel of this size/capability. Has the listing “broker” been to the boat. Most could write more about a 23 Sea Ray.

Consider cost of ownership and an exit strategy before moving forward.

The listing is certainly lacking for a vessel of this size/capability. Most could write more about a 23 Sea Ray.

Consider cost of ownership and an exit strategy before moving forward.

Cost of ownership is my main concern, probably triple that of my 37'.

Can hardly wait to hear what Eric “Manyboats” has to say about that bottom configuration.

Attachments

• 5981A4D0-A4B0-44B9-A0B8-42476EF89F94.jpg
    5981A4D0-A4B0-44B9-A0B8-42476EF89F94.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom