Dauntless Scrapes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
I have posted the pictures of the scrapes and bruises on the hull incurred this summer as i seemingly bounced from one place to another:nonono:

My next few blog posts will be wrapping up this past season. At this point, it looks like the boat will be out of the water in New Ross until spring.

In the next weeks, I'll also be writing about next years cruise.

I'll post some more pictures here also, but will have to do it in a separate post.

I'm in England now, and will return to the States Monday, 3 November.:D

Check your calendar!!! It's past Monday, now Tues, still the third. Might be an empty seat on that plane!!

Maybe I missed it but what did you rub up against or hit. It doesn't look very serious fortunately.

I remember reading a line a few posts back that said something like: 'Rich and Julie see rock on chart, Rich and Julie discuss how to avoid rock, Rich and Julie hit rock.'

Still, it doesn't look too bad. That'll buff right out!:thumb:

Bumps and scars mean the boat has gone somewhere!!

Richard you're out there doing it. Those scrapes and bangs are badges of honor.
Po Kitty says hi.

Richard,
Nothing that a buffing pad and rubbing compound won't smooth out!
Actually, I think ya got off pretty darn good. As I recall, over 2 years since last Haulout, crossed an ocean, cruised the east coast and the North Atlantic.......Hmmmm. I'd say she did ya right! Enjoy your trip home and we look forward to next years voyage.

Dauntless Summer Cruise 2015 Total Expenses and Fuel

I posted the below stats in my blog, but not in a very readable format.

Here it is now.

These were all of the expenses incurred from leaving Waterford, Ireland on 25 May 20t15 to the return to Waterford on 1 October 2015.

Dauntless 2015 expenses.png

No real surprises, though it is the first time I was so meticulous in keeping track of the money. I think I just didn't want to know before:hide:

Docking/marina costs are a bit lower than I had expected.

And here is the summary of Total Fuel consumption and distance travelled:

Dauntless 2015 fuel and distance.png

As you can see, it was a lot of miles, too many.

I'm planning a really extended cruise plan now, and hope to average not more than 1,000 nm per month.

Sorry about those "reflections" in the numbers. It's something Word is doing and I can't remove it.

Last edited:
I remember reading a line a few posts back that said something like: 'Rich and Julie see rock on chart, Rich and Julie discuss how to avoid rock, Rich and Julie hit rock.'

Still, it doesn't look too bad. That'll buff right out!:thumb:

Yes, but i may not have added that we did that twice:facepalm::facepalm:

the rub rail also got beaten up a bit.

In the last days of the trip, i finally used the fender boards to protect the rub rails.

Back
Top Bottom