Dauntless on its way to Bonaire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou_tribal

Guru
Vessel Name
Bleuvet
Vessel Make
Custom Built
Fellow TFers, for the one interested in his adventures, our friend Richard got back at sea is on his way to Bonaire. What a lovely Island it is!
I wish him a safe passage and a lot of fun.

Regards,

L.

I hope he likes to dive. Love that place.

Richard headed for Bonaire

Well that is great news that he is headed for Bonaire.

Wish I was headed there with him.

Great down there at this time of year.

Richard if your reading this - safe passage my friend.

mike

Have fun, Richard! Let us know when you get close to San Francisco. June-July???

No updates on delorme? Are you guys seeing the same thing?

Just saw the update come through.

Buddy Dive Resort is very reasonable and Turtle Reef is my favorite all time dive site in the world.

Good luck.

Last edited:
He's on the move again, heading west from Bonaire.

Headed out & underway again

This is great news that Richard is on the move again. Looks like he & Dauntless are headed in a generally western bound direction running approximately parallel with the south American north coast going toward the Panama Canal direction.

He is currently in the "ABC Islands" region which is also known as the " Netherlands Antilles" area of the southern Caribbean sea. Just north of Venezuela.

Of course we are all wishing him a safe & fair weather passage to his next destination in his journey.

Thanks.

m.

Rounding southern tip of Curacao as I type...

Looks like he is in a boatyard...

He is in the inland harbour of curacao near the old town. You need to go through the inlet and after crossing their swing bridge you access all the protected water. That's there that ther have all their commercial terminals.

We have people to see and places to go

First time here with computer in a while.
Wi-fi is pretty much not.

Thanks Lou for posting this and Roger for keeping me informed aobut the InReach hijinks.

Just put a post on blog, had the EASIEST 3 -Day Passage Ever
Sure the winds were still 20 gusting to 30, but the waves stayed below 12 to 15'

And it was smooth sailing.

On another note, in spite of all the rolling a large follwoing sea produces, I have stopped taking my prevent sea sickness medicine and I was not sea sick at all for the first time in a long time without the pills or patch.
More to follow as I investigate further.

Leaving Curacao tomorrow.

We have people to see and places to go.

Sweet!!! We'll be root'n for you stateside.

Thanks Lou for posting this and Roger for keeping me informed aobut the InReach hijinks.

Sure the winds were still 20 gusting to 30, but the waves stayed below 12 to 15'

On another note, in spite of all the rolling a large follwoing sea produces, I have stopped taking my prevent sea sickness medicine and I was not sea sick at all for the first time in a long time without the pills or patch.

My pleasure! Wish you a peacefull passage and calm sea. Take care!

Thanks for taking us along, again! Living vicariously thru others comes to mind :socool:

looks like he is moored on the lee side of Aruba.

He's on the move again. Heading west from Aruba.

Yes, Dauntless is underway headed for Cartagena Columbia and then on to Colon Panama. Richard has asked me to look up fuel prices in Columbia and in Panama. I have been able to find a little in Panama but nothing at marinas in Cartagena. Does anyone have any insight on this. Please share if you do.

Thanks, good info. I did not see any recent fuel cost, did you? Thanks again.

Latest info from Richard,

Richard Bost sent this message from: Lat 12.333548 Lon -72.409558
Shooting to be in Cartagena 1800 tomorrow. trying to maintain 7 knots to accomplish that. Parvanes have not been out since 1800 yesterday.
Strange incident yesterday afternoon, heavy breathing on an open mike on channel 16 for a good period of time. hmmm He said that is the kind of thing that scares him while he is out there. Scared of people not the sea and nature.

That's the latest.

Careful in Cartagena, they sell a biodiesel blend. I will not be fueling there. There are places in Panama with good fuel at a good price...but Colon is Colon, to much demand to keep prices down.

Yes, I think he is going to fuel in Panama. I found 2.54 gal on Active Captain in Colon. Do you have other suggestions on places that post prices? I could only find the one price. I will relay the biodiesel info to him or you can.

Careful in Cartagena, they sell a biodiesel blend. I will not be fueling there. There are places in Panama with good fuel at a good price...but Colon is Colon, to much demand to keep prices down.

All of Colombia has biodiesel mandated by law. Shelter Bay Marina, Colon has a fuel barge at market prices. Fuel may not be as fresh as on the Atlantic side. They don't turn over their fuel very often. Flamenco Marina in Panama City had the best fuel when we were there. As Scott mentioned, there's not much competition plus all the fuel is imported.

I would not want biodiesel in a boat. I have been inside some injection systems that had some strange deposits inside, then found out they had used BD. I'm sure there is some good BD out there, but there is some that is not good, and how can you be sure?

Not worth the risk. Not a time or place for experimenting.

The current price per gallon of "ACPM", a.k.a. diesel fuel, in ColOmbia (not ColUmbia) is approximately $7,600 COP.

Note: This is what the price is at gas stations but I'm not sure what the price would be at a marina in Cartageña.

ACPM = Aceite Combustible Para Motores (Combustible Oil For Motors).

$1.00 USD = $2885 COP (as of today's date).

Consulta Series de Tiempo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom