Dauntless on its way to Bonaire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Richard,

Do you have any info on Pirate incidents on your trip? Is there a resource to monitor those reports?

~Lucky Chucky

Looks like he might be bailing on Cartagena. He's near, but making course WSW, more toward Colon.

That's a shame, everyone we have met having just been there say it is a "can't miss" place. Bit you can't see it all. May e he is going to take me up on my invite for San Blas....

He sent me a page saying that he will skip cartagena because of too much bureaucratie there.

Bureaucracy to enter Cartagena Colombia? Me thinks not. Entering Cartagena by boat is not that much more complicated than most other countries. The main issue I could see why Richard wouldn't want to make a stop in Cartagena is the cost. It's not a cheap place to park your boat. Other than that, I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to take a few days and do some sightseeing there.

Last edited:
Bureaucracy to enter Cartagena Colombia? Me thinks not. Entering Cartagena by boat is not that much more complicated than most other countries. The main issue I could see why Richard wouldn't want to make a stop in Cartagena is the cost. It's not a cheap place to park your boat. Other than that, I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to take a few days and do some sightseeing there.

I think you hit it exactly. Not bureaucracy but he didn't like the cost. Just seems to me traveling around the world to get there and then just passing it by, so sad. Of course, you can't see every place.

See what you want to see and do what you want to do... Just be careful Richard - And... Enjoy!!

Just seems to me traveling around the world to get there and then just passing it by, so sad. Of course, you can't see every place.

I wouldn't say "so sad". I think Richard is doing it exactly as Richard wants to do it. To him, it's the right way. It might not be someone else's 'optimum' way, but it's his way.

To me, that counts for a lot. A man in control of his own destiny facing daily unknowns and challenges. He's living the dream!

Rogerh,

I assume Richard will only have the delorme, and I will leave the internet behind today as we move again. But please pass along our position this evening to him, if he still wants to meet. Since his Zarpe will be screwed up anyway, he can swing through here with no bureaucracy or fees. He will still check into Panama at Linton Bay or Portobelo. The working channel on VHF is 72, and SSB net is 8:30 local time on 8107.

I wouldn't say "so sad". I think Richard is doing it exactly as Richard wants to do it. To him, it's the right way. It might not be someone else's 'optimum' way, but it's his way.

To me, that counts for a lot. A man in control of his own destiny facing daily unknowns and challenges. He's living the dream!

You're right but it just seemed like that was a place he looked forward to. Not sad overall but sad for him if he looked forward to it and now wasn't going there. Still his choice and all that matters is if he's happy with it.

Sad in the same way I'd call it sad when someone looks forward to starting a trip on Monday but something comes up with their family that they can't.

Sealife,
We are also underway but will get back Thursday. Not sure how to get your position to pass on to him . If you provide a link I will pass position on to him via inreach.

Looks like he is ducking into a cove with a bunch of shoals and little islands. NE of Colon. Weather conditions look nice. Maybe he is going to relax and do a little exploring...

Spotty internet connection....Larry posted link earlier for my location. Richard is in Nargana, I was there yesterday for internet. Moved 3hrs NW to much nicer area. I can't delorme to delorme him with out more info. Hope to meet up.

Got a message from Scott. Pretty cool!

"There are now 2 KK42s in San Blas, I see Dauntless on the horizon! If he anchors close I will get a pic of both..."

Just got back. Sorry I could not help with relay of position but so glad you guys located each other.

Heard from Scott on Sealife a little while ago. Pictures at 11.

Now Red Tail KK42-159 is coming to the anchorage this weekend, and Richard decided to stay. It will he 3. I'm thinking Krogen should sponsor the event!

Last edited:
On the move again!!

Sounds like an awesome gathering and must have been a neat spot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom