But not soon enough.
All my friends/crew are gone and I still have 1200 miles to go.
And september weather in northern Europe can be like winter weather.
THe North Sea had 50 knot winds and seas greater than 25 feet a few days ago.
THere is high pressure moving slowly east now, so next day or two would have been ideal, but i's still 4 days away. I will use this high to get to Norway though.
Then i'll just have to wait. I'm more afraid of the North Sea than I am of the Atlantic. The North Sea is shallow and viscous, much like the Bering Sea.
I just posted to the blog the last week of events, far too eventful then it should be.
Sadly, cruising alone is less of an adventure and more of a chore.
I'm on weather hold for tomorrow. I have a number of small projects I l would like to get done, the number one being the completion of the bus heater.
It's getting cold here, well not really cold, but not warm and the boat has no efficient way to warm up, though if it got really cold i could start the generator.
If things go as planned tomorrow, I will also try to write a bit about how i do and do not use the weather forecasts.
I make enough comments about it, i figure I owe a better explanation. THough I won't have time until this winter to really go into depth.