Dauntless Crosses the Atlantic Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome achievement, Richard. Awesome addition to life's resume for you and Dauntless alike. The sea-fix of the steering and paravane in those kinds of waves was better than watching The Perfect Storm again. You've got a meal, a bar tab and a beach-front condo whenever you get to Longboat Key.

Congrats to you and Micah! Glad you made it, relax for a while and enjoy yourselves.

Congratulations, I enjoyed your trip!

I bet I know of two people that are getting some sleep....

Wow.
I just woke up. It's 0600L, 10 hrs sleep. Yes, i needed it.

I didn't mention that I usually have no problem sleeping while underway on D, but this time, with all the air in the hydraulic steering, the AP was making a racket for the last 7 days. That turned out to be far more of an annoyance than I'd realized.

Awesome achievement, Richard. Awesome addition to life's resume for you and Dauntless alike. The sea-fix of the steering and paravane in those kinds of waves was better than watching The Perfect Storm again. You've got a meal, a bar tab and a beach-front condo whenever you get to Longboat Key.

Now, I'm afraid that when I post the video, you will see that's is no big deal.

Yeah I agree, that's much harder IMO. My wife is a teacher so I get it.

Thank Art and CarDude

Also, I am going to get the 2000+ pictures organized.
Will probably put them on the Smugmug account and ut link here and on my blog.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Wow.
I just woke up. It's 0600L, 10 hrs sleep. Yes, i needed it.

I didn't mention that I usually have no problem sleeping while underway on D, but this time, with all the air in the hydraulic steering, the AP was making a racket for the last 7 days. That turned out to be far more of an annoyance than I'd realized.

Congrats Richard!

It's amazing how much those little sounds get analysed on a boat.

Wow Richard! That's all I can say. You are definitely a lot more salty than I. Congratulations on a safe journey. We all enjoyed it immensely.

Hello Richard you don't know me, I am brand new to boating. Actually l am still looking to buy my first boat.

I want you to know how much of an inspiration you have been to me. For you, maybe just another crossing. For me, a fascinating and incredibly scary adventure I can't ever imagine aspiring to. Right now anticipating working my way through my first lock scares me.

I have been wrestling for months with how big a boat I should buy as a first timer. At age 64, and a total newbie to boating, that seemed like such a big deal. As I followed your story I became fascinated by your total fearless attitude and realize I have nothing to fear but my own insecurities. I have so much to learn, and your adventure has been a terrific motivator.

Thank you.

Congratulations Richard and Micah! You are in a very select group and I salute your accomplishments. The open sea can have a very powerful effect on our confidence and although you understate your ability to override that effect anyone who's been far offshore in our smallish boats knows just what an accomplishment it is that "Dauntless" has achieved. Bravo!!

Richard, maybe your change in latitude inspired their change in attitude. You know nothing remains quite the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom