Crazy Boat Names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a boat in our marina named "Bad Kitty...Good Pussy". I ain't lyin'!!! I will say that the female contingent of the vessel is....uuuuhhhh...quite a looker. And I guess if she is okay with it. But my first thought was.....who in the hell would name their boat such a thing. I have a picture i will post up here....

I wanted to name my first sailboat..."Puffy Galore"....but I didn't want to have to explain to my mother it's origin. So all of my sailboats were named after my mother...."Miss Helena".

But my first thought was.....who in the hell would name their boat such a thing.

Possibly the grandson of the person who named my father's boat (see post #3).:blush:

I will say that the female contingent of the vessel is....uuuuhhhh...quite a looker. And I guess if she is okay with it. But my first thought was.....who in the hell would name their boat such a thing. I have a picture i will post up here.....

John: You would fit right in, here in SoCal. :thumb::D:D

Now I can tell you the rest of the story,

The boat between The Bearded Clam and The Hairy Oyster

was a boat called Mr. Happy

img_152684_0_ffd8e739c8cd5650e737bc6dae97c1c0.jpg

img_152684_1_a738943fa8a062a1cd4290f59a0b39f9.jpg

There's a rather large boat nearby called "I Won". One of these days I want to ask for the full story. Was it the lottery? Vegas? Or a divorce?

I saw one named "woof arted" complete with puff of gas symbol! What was he thinking?

"WOFTAM"
(Waste of F------g Time And Money)
Seen on a Jubilee class sailboat at Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron. Full on for a very conservative Club, but no one took exception.

"DILLIGAF". Do I Look Like I Give A F...

(Sorry Eric, it was on a Willard.)

Although I certainly understand the motivation of using a clever name or acronym in the naming of a boat, thus setting yourself apart from the rest of the fleet, it's never made good sense to me. By choosing a name that rolls off the tongue easy (think radio communications) and has a host of possibilities for a graphic depiction on the transom, if desired, makes much more sense. :hide:

example:

Attachments

• seahorse.jpg
    seahorse.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 101
In the BVI's years ago was a huge wooden sloop name Blow Job and the wooden row boat on the stern was Hand Job! I couldn't stop laughing. My first boat, a Chris 251 was Wet Dream, this one is Soggy Dollar named after my favorite bar in the BVI's on Jost Van Dyke.

I heard of one business owner who called his boat 'Company Business'.

If he was cutting the week short the admin could legitimately say to anyone who called the office 'I am sorry - he is out on Company Business'

I heard of one business owner who called his boat 'Company Business'.

If he was cutting the week short the admin could legitimately say to anyone who called the office 'I am sorry - he is out on Company Business'

AFTICA. Another F'ing Toy I Can't Afford

Some of these crude names ARE funny but it does reflect directly on the owner.

Crude name = crude owner.

Speaking of crude. A friend of mine named his boat, KMA, Kiss My A**.

He was proud of the name.

Attachments

• Palm Trees.jpg
    Palm Trees.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 90
  • modern.jpg
    modern.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Girl.jpg
    Girl.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 95
Speaking of crude. A friend of mine named his boat, KMA, Kiss My A**.

He was proud of the name.

There was a regular participant in this forum for several years whose boat was named KMA. I recall that he often reinforced Eric's earlier point.:)

KWITCHURBITICHEN, which is self explanitory. You bought a "WHAT". Missed Three ..., owned by an Obstetition. WYBMADIITY, might need some explanation,
Will You Buy Me A Drink If I Tell You. Bill

Some of these crude names ARE funny but it does reflect directly on the owner.

Crude name = crude owner.

That was exactly my point in post # 17

However, I haven't laughed at one of them. But, as I said, I'm sure I would have when I was a teenager.

I saw one in Elliott Bay Marina this morning "Maison de Chien", "Cat House" for the non-French speakers.

Boat Names

Racing sailboat out of Seattle: "Hot Ruddered Bum"
RandyT

Local 28' Catalina. "Blow Me". He is obviously talking about the wind you perverts.

That's funny. :thumb:

I can just hear the woman coastguard officer asking him the boat's name.

Back
Top Bottom