This could have potential

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the most and best picture Google 32 ocean star Trawler. Look under Boats 4 Work. The head is in the master bedroom. There is no second berth. The forward is a little office type area. Some of the rust is either through the hull or close to it. I counted at least a dozen spots that I would cut out. That was just looking at the outside of the hull.
The engine has not been started in years. It sat in the engine room year round with water in the bilge. I suspect it was a steambath in there.

RE: post #3

I thought the same thing. I had to enlarge the picture and look closely. It's actually a white bimini top, not a permanent structure

If patches are needed, its more than "superficial" Not to say its not a good candidate, just beware of whats ahead.
Good news is, cutting and cropping steel and rewelding is relatively cheap

If patches are needed, its more than "superficial" Not to say its not a good candidate, just beware of whats ahead.

I suggest you get the entire hull checked..... Might be more areas needing attention.
If you can find 10 spots, there might be 20. Just a fact of life.
Are there pictures of the small office forward and pictures of the master stateroom? Or a line drawing?

I suggest you get the entire hull checked..... Might be more areas needing attention.
If you can find 10 spots, there might be 20. Just a fact of life.
Are there pictures of the small office forward and pictures of the master stateroom? Or a line drawing?
Google 32 ocean star Trawler. Look for the add Boats 4 Work. Remember that those pictures were taken 5 or so years ago.

I am thinking that anything deeper than 1/8 inch needs a patch. That is 1/2 way through the hull

Ocean Star,

OK, I'm playing the devils advocate....

What makes this boat worth anything?

Old boat, engine seized up, no generator and rusty hull? Sounds like someone should pay you to take it?

What do you see in this boat????

OK, I'm playing the devils advocate.... What makes this boat worth anything? Old boat, engine seized up, no generator and rusty hull? Sounds like someone should pay you to take it? What do you see in this boat????
Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Between the dwarf-sized doors leading up/down to the lower spaces and the leg-breaker of a spiral staircase... I'm not a fan.

How difficult will it be to remove the engine?
Consider making a 10K offer and dont be surprised if he accepts it.
If he doesn't accept your offer, remember ..... there will always be another boat.

Ocean Star,

OK, I'm playing the devils advocate....

What makes this boat worth anything?

Old boat, engine seized up, no generator and rusty hull? Sounds like someone should pay you to take it?

What do you see in this boat????
I think that after I put some time and effort into it I will have something unique. I always wanted a little ship.

If he doesn't accept your offer, remember ..... there will always be another boat.
Doesn't look like much to change the engine. Small 4 cylinder engine in a huge engine room. If I can get it home I can unbolt everything disconnect every thing else and pull it with my backhoe.

Olddan you don't have your private message set up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom