Composite propane tank refill - British Columbia and Desolation Sound?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

w8n4sun

Vessel Name
Mabuhay
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan
Just bought a composite propane tank and had trouble finding a station to fill it in Seattle. Our primary cruising destinations this year will be in the San Juan/Gulf Islands and up to Desolation Sound.

Anyone here have experience getting their composite tank refilled in these cruising areas? TIA

How many places did you try? I had two composite tanks (the exploding version, at that) and never had any trouble getting them filled.

As long as the tank has not expired, it can be refilled. I have been told that there is nobody on Vancouver Island who will recertify composite tanks.

Thanks, it is a brand new tank and I will try Sure Marine to get it filled. Just worried about places up in the Gulf Islands and Desolation for a refill. Hoping someone has recent first hand experience.

That would be great, thanks.

Worst case, you can fill direct from another cylinder. We’ve done it regularly for our selves or friends grill tanks. We have connectors that go tank to tank. We hang the full tank then open both valves and the liquid will run into the tank we want till fill. If you do it have that tank in the shade or wrap in a wet towel or blanket. It’s slow but it beats running out of propane. And no smoking!

There was a major recall on one company's tanks ... The Lite Cylinder Company. The usual media hysteria and uninformed spread the word that all composite tanks were banned, You are fighting the ignorant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom