Cold! Reading time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DHeckrotte

Guru
Vessel Name
Revel
Vessel Make
1984 Fu Hwa 39
Going down to the lower teens tonight and up into the mid 20s tomorrow.

We've dropped our Good Old Boat, our Cruising World, and Downeast. We have over the years subscribed and dropped Messing About in Boats, Sailing World, One Design and Offshore Yachtsman Magazine, Maine Boats and Harbors, Chesapeake Bay Magazine, Practical Sailor, and a lovely French mag of traditional French working sail.

I maintain WoodenBoat and Professional Boatbuilder.

Time to find something useful for Trawler ownership and cruising. Recommendations?

Try some lighthearted reading. I just finished the first two books of Ed Robinson's "Trawler Trash" series and the next four are due to be delivered tomorrow to keep me happy over the holidays.

Encyclopedia Britannica, should keep you busy for the next... 20 years :)

Confess I have not heard of these books, just ordered #1 of the series on Amazon. I was a little aghast at the prices at first but found a copy for under 10 bucks plus sh. so I can live with that. Some copies are over $40!

Wifey B: Cruising books, tons available on Kindle, and blogs. :)

Looks to be in the high 70's for Christmas parade tomorrow, please send a little cold this way!!!

-1F with gusts to 50 this morning here Downeast. Yup, curling up with a book after the coffee has done its thing.

Oh crap, I just googled his site to post here and see that book 7 is out.

https://www.amazon.com/Ed-Robinson/e/B00F42LGJ8

Anyone here that enjoyed John D MacDonald's Travis McGee series will like the Breeze series

Wifey B: Darn you all!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby was curious so late last night decided to look on Amazon. Then decided to open it and read first pages. Then to buy it. There's a reason he doesn't like books as much as magazines, the fact that if he likes it, he feels a compulsion to finish it when started. So, he and I read book 7 until finished last night. Started this episode about midnight and finished about 2 AM. :eek:

Why not go Kindle e-books?

Confess I have not heard of these books, just ordered #1 of the series on Amazon. I was a little aghast at the prices at first but found a copy for under 10 bucks plus sh. so I can live with that. Some copies are over $40!

Most e-books are far cheaper than printed versions and no cost to delivery quickly over the internet.

For those who don't know, you can read a kindle e-book on your laptop, pc, mac, blackberry, apple or android device. No dedicated reader required just a free app.

Most e-books are far cheaper than printed versions and no cost to delivery quickly over the internet.

For those who don't know, you can read a kindle e-book on your laptop, pc, mac, blackberry, apple or android device. No dedicated reader required just a free app.

We read it last night on a 47" television. Last night is exactly why I don't read many books is that if they're any good I always have to finish them right then. I didn't like the lack of a true ending though, but then that helps him sell the next book.

One of my favorite boating books is one I don't think has been mentioned. It's "Runaway Yacht" by John Devore.

So now you need to get books 1 thru 6 to see how he started out as Trawler Trash.

Here's a short film to keep you entertained for half an hour.

One of my favourites.

So now you need to get books 1 thru 6 to see how he started out as Trawler Trash.

I want Book 8. I'll read 1 to 6 sometime perhaps although reading 7 first might stop me. But I'll start one earlier in the day rather than stay up half the night reading it.

I remember all the articles that Irving and Electa wrote for National Geographic. Early '60s. Poor Yankee!

Gotta mow the yard after 12 tomorrow. High in the 70's.

We used to get several of those sailing magazines, most of which we have canceled. However, we still get Practical Sailor. I'd say that 70% of the articles relate to both sail and power. We also still get Cruising World, and have been thinking of Passage Maker.

Back
Top Bottom