Old 07-23-2018, 05:23 AM   #21
Guru

City: Gloucester, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
What upside down teardrop thingie? Where the heck is that? When I had CE support remote in, they did what I did - check the box for AC in "Places", but it sounds like there is someplace else I need to go. Any help is appreciated....

I think he's talking about clicking on the place marker "pin" to bring up the active captain details. But if I follow correctly, you aren't even seeing the pins.

One thought. Do you have CE loaded on a second computer? The license is good for three computers owned by you. It might be informative to see if it works on a different machine, but still using your AC account.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:04 AM   #22
Grand Vizier

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
I think he's talking about clicking on the place marker "pin" to bring up the active captain details. But if I follow correctly, you aren't even seeing the pins.

One thought. Do you have CE loaded on a second computer? The license is good for three computers owned by you. It might be informative to see if it works on a different machine, but still using your AC account.
Oh, that tear drop thingie....Yes, that is what I click on, but what is weird is that I'm not even getting Sailing Directions information. For example, if I put the cursor on Prince Rupert, click Places, I get nothing. If I move the boat to the harbor in PR a la dead reckoning, click Places, same thing. So the issue isn't just Active Captain, it's all relevant information. This happens both with the nav computer and my backup.

As happens too frequently, Rose Point's "upgrade" was two steps forward, three steps back. But, that is what I've come to expect from Microsoft folks....

Old 07-23-2018, 09:11 AM   #23
Grand Vizier

Just for giggles, I downloaded and installed the latest update. No joy. Here is the image of Prince Rupert. CE can't find anything to say about this port.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CE image.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	78940  
Old 07-23-2018, 09:36 AM   #24
Guru

City: East Coast
Vessel Name: M/V Maerin
Vessel Model: Solo 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
Just for giggles, I downloaded and installed the latest update. No joy. Here is the image of Prince Rupert. CE can't find anything to say about this port.

You'll need to click on the place marker icon on the menu bar to show the A/C data. It's not like some other apps where the data is always visible. If that's not working, go to SETTINGS>ACCOUNTS>ActiveCaptain and make sure your AC login is current. You may need to head to the AC website to update your Garmin login as it now supplants the old ActiveCaptain login. The site has instruction on how to proceed with that changeover. Once logged in, you should be able to do a SETTINGS>sync now and it will download the current AC data. If that fails, head to the Coastal Explorer network forums for some other ideas, or simply call Rosepoint and they can talk you through the process. They are knowledgeable and helpful.

If you've used AC with CE in the past with success, and now can't see it, it's probably related to the old AC login vs. Garmin login. With the API changes in May, you must create a Garmin login for the sync to re-download the data. If you haven't visited the new Garmin site and completed the credentials exercise, it won't work until you do. If you've not re-synced and haven't seen the AC data downloading, you won't see data that's not there!

I'm on v4, the A/C data is showing up as before. You've missed something in the changeover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CE_places.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	78942  
Maerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:02 AM   #25
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Give CE a call or ask on their forum:

https://www.coastalexplorer.net/forums/support/topics

They will be happy to help you find the problem...
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:08 AM   #26
Grand Vizier

Thanks Maerin, I'll try that when we get to Prince Rupert. Still doesn't explain why the sailing directions aren't showing up either, even though I have all days sources clicked.

And Alaska, I did do a remote with CE and he couldn't figure it out either, but suggested it MIGHT be what Maerin suggested, more or less.