'Cheap' Duck for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
This might be a deal for someone looking for a Duck-- I don't remember ever seeing any in this price range before. Looks like they might be using it as a dock queen. ?

Possibly the worst ad I've ever seen on Yachtworld...

2002 Diesel Duck Motorsailer Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1431780061.552395.jpg

Last edited:
That "look" is why many marinas shun liveaboards.

"Cheap" Duck for sale

I agree. Really cluttered. Sad use of this style boat IMO, but I guess their circumstances must force them to be tied to the dock for whatever reason.

If one is going to use a boat as a dock queen, is it better to have a fiberglass hull over steel? If a boat just sits at the dock does that cause more possible corrosion than if it was underway or anchored out most of the time?

I would think all the clutter on deck would make it harder to find and attack rust spots, and possibly cause water to collect in spots.

Give those plants a good dose of fertilizer and watch the rust grow!

Obviously, you guys don't understand the "equipped" look.:hide:

"If a boat just sits at the dock does that cause more possible corrosion than if it was underway or anchored out most of the time?"

Metal boats survive dockside because of the fantastic care the marina and their dock neighbors take to have a perfect AC and DC electrical system.

An isolation transformer is good on board insurance , but the rest is out of your control.

You guy's obviously havent

You guy's obviously haven't spent any time in the Delta. 10 minutes and I could have looking good as new.

This is going to start a new thread for "best equipped" boats :) I see a few out in Prince William Sound who are convinced that you CAN take it all with you. I am going to start taking pictures and will get back to this in the fall. Rafts, kayaks, shrimp pots, stand up boards, generators and BBQ grills, bicycles, and the list goes on...

Back
Top Bottom