Charter anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stanfromhell

Vessel Name
Summer Wind
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4788
I was a sailboat (40ft) owner for over 10 years and cruised all over the Gulf and San Juan Islands. I sold it to take care of family, work etc etc. Now, 15 years later I am retiring and my wife and I are considering returning to the boating life we loved so much. We both believe a trawler is a wise choice for us but we have never spent any time on one. Would anyone consider chartering their 34-44 foot boat for a weekend or perhaps a week so that we could be certain instead of hoping we are making the right decision before we spend many thousands of dollars ? We would not venture very far from your home base, just tie up at a few local marinas and marine park bouys. We would respect your boat and would return it in as good or better condition than when we took it.
Stan
T 604 802 1995
pattyandstan@hotmail.com

I was a sailboat (40ft) owner for over 10 years and cruised all over the Gulf and San Juan Islands. I sold it to take care of family, work etc etc. Now, 15 years later I am retiring and my wife and I are considering returning to the boating life we loved so much. We both believe a trawler is a wise choice for us but we have never spent any time on one. Would anyone consider chartering their 34-44 foot boat for a weekend or perhaps a week so that we could be certain instead of hoping we are making the right decision before we spend many thousands of dollars ? We would not venture very far from your home base, just tie up at a few local marinas and marine park bouys. We would respect your boat and would return it in as good or better condition than when we took it.
Stan
T 604 802 1995
pattyandstan@hotmail.com

Stan, unfortunately, insurance on a private pleasure vessel would not cover a charter, as that is deemed a commercial risk. Folks have done it, and gotten away wit it, to be sure- but, if there is a loss, coverage would be null and void, and both parties may have to lawyer up and get litigious....

There are a few charter operations in Anacortes that meet your requirements:

• Anacortes Yacht Charters
  • Ship Harbor Charters
  • ABC Yacht charters
  • Crown Yacht Charters

Alternatively, perhaps a friend with a trawler style vessel could take you and your wife out for a few days.

Hope this helps!

Stan
T 604 802 1995
pattyandstan@hotmail.com

Stan,
Not sure in what part of Canada you are, but assume eastern. Anyway NC stays pretty warm most of the year (hot by Canadian standards), there is a good in-water boat show in Oriental NC in April and also in other places later in the year. A good number of trawlers in our area that have sat in either fresh or brackish water.
Good luck.

Stan is in Langley, that's BC I believe, there should be plenty of charter companies out that way who could set you up with a boat for a few days.

Great Harbour Trawlers has a couple they charter. Just go to their website to get the info.

We keep our Nordic Tug 37 in charter with San Juan Yachting in Bellingham. They are a first-class outfit as is NW Explorations which is also based in Bellingham.

Back
Top Bottom