Change in plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just Boat Talk

So today I found myself talking about boats with a friend at work and his plans to build a boat for the ICW and possible run to islands off Florida. He has been on our boat and both he and his wife love beam to length ratio on (one of largest available) and our open salon layout. He recently took a trip on a cat and enjoyed its beamy accommodations. He was asking all the right questions and getting close to building "his" boat. Before long we were talking about "what I would do different on our boat (not much)" and how he should outfit his boat. By the time we were done I think I may have just helped Scott with another order��. Time will tell. The most compelling argument my friend has was "this is the best value of any new boat I have seen" (sound familiar)?

The real take away from our discussion for me was "wait" what am i doing? I built likely the best boat I could ask for and I'm thinking about something else? Why couldn't we make this boat work for its new mission? If not for the fun of building something new (and driving Scott crazy - again) we likely could make Maria Elena work fine. Time will tell but for now I feel even better about our options - all new design or should I say it, another H38E or ?

Fun stuff that keeps me up at night...

Snip...
The real take away from our discussion for me was "wait" what am i doing? I built likely the best boat I could ask for and I'm thinking about something else? Why couldn't we make this boat work for its new mission? If not for the fun of building something new (and driving Scott crazy - again) we likely could make Maria Elena work fine. Time will tell but for now I feel even better about our options - all new design or should I say it, another H38E or ?

Fun stuff that keeps me up at night...

My standard answer when people ask why I am always looking at boats, or attending boat shows - Is that we boat owners are unfaithful lovers. Always with an eye out for another pretty girl; another exciting adventure. That said, I’ve been contemplating selling my 390 and going back to sailing. :angel: It has been four years. :facepalm:

I really enjoyed watching Johns last build via this forum. I appreciated his “KISS” principles. The Helmsman was a delight to see in person and also met John, his wife, and little puppy. I wish them well in whatever direction this heads. :thumb:

As I mentioned in my original post, boating plans are at best written in the sand at low tide, they change. While we are still committed to building "one more boat" the dang tariff fight with China is causing some headaches' not originally forecasted. Only good thing is that we are not in a rush and have time to see how this plays out. Mary and I did decide the H43 is likely not going to make our cut (great boat) so we are down two. More to follow soon......

I like boats and have owned a few over the years but I don’t enjoy buying a new boat and then getting it ready for me to enjoy. My enjoyment comes from owning the perfect boat and not having to improve it (might happen one day).

As I mentioned in my original post, boating plans are at best written in the sand at low tide, they change. While we are still committed to building "one more boat" the dang tariff fight with China is causing some headaches' not originally forecasted. Only good thing is that we are not in a rush and have time to see how this plays out. Mary and I did decide the H43 is likely not going to make our cut (great boat) so we are down two. More to follow soon......

N4061, quick question.

Are you in marketing?

Maybe, marine marketing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom