In Case Any Of You Boating Husbands Are Struggling For That Last Minute Gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No galley wench on our boat...I've got a photography partner :D

We all have a couple of "must haves" on boats.

My wife's #1 must have is an up galley in the salon; for continued conversation, ease of tending to cooking and with plenty of windows to look out of.

Anyone asks her why and she'll be glad to tell em! "I ain't no galley wench... galley slave is not in my vocabulary!!"

You guys are far too sensitive! :D

Got the galley wench this for Christmas.

She has tried the trays of herbs on board for our trips before but they eventually succumb to the elements. It will be interesting to see how this does. We will try it at home this spring first and then on the next long cruise.

https://www.aerogarden.com/doorbuster-bounty-elite-with-free-sprout-led.html

Available on Amazon.

Interesting! We're moving aboard in April and Mrs has been mulling over the idea of growing some fresh herbs and small veggies on board. Thanks.

A plant box with internet connectivity. :confused: How did I ever live without it? :nonono:

Ted

Greetings,
Mr. m. Will you have any problems with either US or Bahamian customs officials if bringing plant material into the country? We're always asked if we're carrying any fruit or vegetables when entering the country.

Greetings,
Mr. m. Will you have any problems with either US or Bahamian customs officials if bringing plant material into the country? We're always asked if we're carrying any fruit or vegetables when entering the country.

These are seeds in enclosed pods. So don't see an issue.

We have never been asked if we have fruit or veggies on board - which we always do. On the forms it simply asked what stores are on board and we write in - "supplies for captain and crew consumption only." All our meats are frozen.

Never had an issue. Nor coming back in either. Though we never have anything fresh left - and all meats are frozen and sourced originally for the US.

As above:

accountants-arrested-lawyer-white_collar-crime_and_punishment-daily_grind-jbtn946_low.jpg

Smart folks over at American Tug :) Probably Kurt?
We could all probably use a boat that is "just a bit bigger" :)

She has tried the trays of herbs on board for our trips before but they eventually succumb to the elements. It will be interesting to see how this does. We will try it at home this spring first and then on the next long cruise.

Available on Amazon.

I have an AeroGarden and it produced more herbs than I could use. It was a great herb grower. Only issue I had with it was when the herbs got large they really used a lot of water. Had to replenish a quart or so every other day.

Smart folks over at American Tug :) Probably Kurt?
We could all probably use a boat that is "just a bit bigger" :)

Oh you guessed. Yes, it is Kirt. I have yet to stump him on anything important. SMILE

Last edited:
So here is a question:

Are these legal to take across the USA and Canadian Boarders?

The Canadians would always tell me it is not the plant, rather the "dirt" that is in the pot...

I have an AeroGarden and it produced more herbs than I could use. It was a great herb grower. Only issue I had with it was when the herbs got large they really used a lot of water. Had to replenish a quart or so every other day.

Wondering if the tomatoes are worth growing - did you try them?

So here is a question:

Are these legal to take across the USA and Canadian Boarders?

The Canadians would always tell me it is not the plant, rather the "dirt" that is in the pot...

Similar question to RT's.

If not use up or dump what is there and as soon as you cross pop in more pods.

I can't see seeds being an issue? Though not sure what medium is in the pods.

Wonder if there is a Bob Marley line of pods?

These grow plants in water, not dirt.

Well the pods do have a small amount of peat moss to start with process, so I’m not sure how far border control agents would go....

Bought one for growing basil of which we use a lot. Works great. Production is prolific. But, I recommend that you have a place to put it so that the very bright grow lights (14 hours/day for herbs) are not an annoyance. We put ours in the forward head.

Available on Amazon.

Wonder if it would work if I found a space to affix it in the lazarette beside the washer and dryer?

It will work anywhere you have the space to place it, light or dark.

Wonder if it would work if I found a space to affix it in the lazarette beside the washer and dryer?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom