Old 03-06-2018, 11:28 PM   #1
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Some touch ups for Dragonfly

I went back in the water today after a couple of weeks on the hard. They are pretty full so I'm spending a couple of days in their superyacht berth area.
My dock neighbour is Dragonfly. Nice looking boat, and the specs are also impressive.

https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/lu.../dragonfly.htm

They are grinding away on both sides below below the upper windows at deck level. Paint had failed at a guess. Pretty hard to keep an aluminium boat painted without doing that sort of work regularly.

I had a Survey for insurance, which added a few minor jobs to what I had planned. We deepened my anchor locker and fitted a Muir VR 3500 windlass, with 110m of 3/8 chain. At the other end the steering ram end was replaced. for some reason the old one was painted mild steel, and I guess it lasted well all things considered. Puzzling though, as everything else in the area is stainless steel of bronze. My replacement is in SS. Then of course antifoul and propspeed for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Dragonfly.jpg