CarDude begins epic broke-boat return to US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was crazy roll-y until I hit the GS, then it calmed down. It was actually flat calm at the second half of the GS, so the crossing was pretty much perfect except for those first few hours. Maybe those squalls kicked up those short wind waves?

Anyway, I’m ensconced in this very expensive and swanky marina for some reason. I feel a little odd with my dirty camo shorts and Bud Light t-shirt , but they will have to get over it.

There is a lounge with a TV! And a restaurant, but I might just order a delivery pizza and eat in the lounge and scream yell at the Astros, and do some laundry. ��

Ready for the cold front. Bring it!

I just stumbled across this thread and was instantly enthralled. Great effort and great story.

Congratulations! Ain't no stinken hurricane take you ride away from you!

Ted

giphy.webp

Congratulations! Ain't no stinken hurricane take you ride away from you!

Ted

Thanks! You still headed this way?

Maybe I’ll start a busted boat delivery service from the Abacos to FL for insurance companies or owners who can’t get there. This was Healhustler’s (Larry) idea.

Check out the roll. And it’s not even very rough at all. This round hull is pretty tender I guess. It’s a little shocking the first hour or so, but then you kind of get used to it. Except for all the crap flying off the shelves and and whatnot.

https://youtu.be/VBC_o7MyTgY

Last edited:

Maybe I’ll start a busted boat delivery service from the Abacos to FL for insurance companies or owners who can’t get there. This was Healhustler’s (Larry) idea.

Check out the roll. And it’s not even very rough at all. This round hull is pretty tender I guess. It’s a little shocking the first hour or so, but then you kind of get used to it. Except for all the crap flying off the shelves and and whatnot.

Looks very familiar, those round bottoms love the roll. Paravanes help but she still rolls. Glad you made it back safe, go ‘Stros.

Well done Cardude!
You’ll have to keep the shelves clear until you get your sails back to stabilize your ride. One of the joys of a round efficient hull.

Holy crap, I've been out of touch for a week or so and now i see this. Way to go Dude.
John

https://youtu.be/VBC_o7MyTgY

Yea I'm still headed your way with stops and starts. Certainly nothing as exciting as your adventure.

If you're going to start the Bahamas Boat Recovery service, you'll need a catchy slogan. Something like "Ya Mon, I taught Mciver how to get it done".

Ted

Jeez , I want to get in on that action,adventure and romance on the high seas!I want to work for Bahamas Boat Recovery Service! ..Next boat to spalsh, leave?

Larry, you need to start calling the ins companies and line us up with delivery jobs!

Dude! Now the real fun begins. Cheers Bud, you did a mighty fine recovery job!

It wasn’t all gravy for the Dude. He sent me this shakey shot early this morning, big seas, but there he stands, steel-eyed, steady as a rock, beer in hand, man against the sea!

He still has the unpredictable and trecherous waters of the ICW to overcome on the way to Stuart!

Attachments

• 76038406-FD6A-4614-B33B-3607FA8E4AF3.jpeg
    76038406-FD6A-4614-B33B-3607FA8E4AF3.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Where do I put my application??! I'd like to get in on the ground floor of this rocket ship!

Glad to hear you and your boat are back safely, I hope your personal triumph dulls the pain of my Nationals ending Gerrit Cole's winning streak.

Welcome home in all seriousness.

Nice job CD, took a very difficult situation and found a solution and executed perfectly, well founded boat and captain, all the best with settling claims!

Great job, the stars were surely aligned for you both for a successful trip and frankly appears for you to continue to own that boat too.

I got nothing going on, put me on a boat. I'll bring her home.

RT. I’ll make sure you have plenty of free rum in Ft Pierce in February.

LOL, Cardude have just may have stumbled onto a cottage industry! Bored middle age boat guys who want to transport damaged boats for adventure.

This was Larry’s (Healhustler) idea so give him the, credit?

I’m pretty sure my wife would divorce me if I did more of these recovery trips. She was a nervous wreck the entire time.

This was Larry’s (Healhustler) idea so give him the, credit?

I’m pretty sure my wife would divorce me if I did more of these recovery trips. She was a nervous wreck the entire time.

Just gotta take a buddy boat along for safety

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom