Captain's test question #22, 23, 24, 25, 26,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Apache II
Vessel Make
1974 Donald Jones
Inland only. All questions.

#22. You are crossing the course of another vessel which is to your starboard side. You have reached an agreement by radiotelephone to pass astern of the other vessel. You MUST.
A. Sound one short blast.
B. sound two short blasts.
C. change course to starboard.
D none of the above.

# 23. Passing signals shall be sounded on inland waters by _________.
A. all vessels upon sighting another vessel rounding a bend in the channel.
B. towing vessel when meeting another towing vessel on a clear day with a 0.6 mile CPA (closest point of approach)
C. a power driven vessel when crossing less than half a mile ahead of another power driven vessel.
D All of the above.

#24.which of the dayshapes shown ( See Diagram) would you show on the afterend of an inconspicuous partially submerged vessel or object being towed less than 200 meters in length.
A. A.
B. B
C. C.
D. No day shape would be shown.

# 25. In a narrow channel, a power driven vessel desiring to overtake another power driven vessel on the other vessel's starboard side will sound a whistle signal of ______.
A. one short blast.
B. two short blasts.
C. two prolonged blasts followed by one short blast.
D. two prolonged blasts followed by two short blasts.

# 26 A law inforcement boat may display a ___
A. blue flag.
B. flashing blue light.
C. flashing red light.
D. flashing amber light

Sorry about the crude diagram.

I will post the answers in an hour or so.

SD

Attachments

• diag.jpg
    diag.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Rules of the road answers
#22. D
#23. C
#24. B
#25. A
#26. B

Howdja Do?

You would have gotten along with one of my students who was a commercial fisherman all his life...both as capt and engineer...plus he was a good friend.

He came into my class every time with about a 100 questions why the USCG questions were rough or wrong.... he went through the entire 10,000 question data base...my brain hurt for a year.:eek:

Thanks My friend. All I want to do is get my license. I thought this would be a good way to help remember things. In my mind the best way to learn something is to teach someone else. I hire a lot of kids in my line of work. Once I teach someone to do a job I usually have them show the next new guy. It seems to work quite well.
Good for the goose good for the gander as they say .

I hope some one else is getting something out of this. I am going to Cary on for a while. Or at least until the interest wains.

You would have gotten along with one of my students who was a commercial fisherman all his life...both as capt and engineer...plus he was a good friend.

He came into my class every time with about a 100 questions why the USCG questions were rough or wrong.... he went through the entire 10,000 question data base...my brain hurt for a year.:eek:

When I was taking a Power Squadron course on Navigation a good friend was also taking the course. He has passed on now without ever passing the course. He would come up with off the wall answers to many questions. Finally one night the instructor said, "Whit, I don't think there is a question to your answers".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom