Can't Get It Up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvd

Vessel Name
BOOSTER
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37
No, no, no - not that. It's my boat - I can't get my boat up to the Pacific Northwest. We were planning on taking her up from San Francisco on her own bottom, keeping our eyes on May/early June for the right weather windows but, a couple of weeks ago, I managed to rupture a tendon in my leg while playing tennis. Our plans immediately changed to include a 4-6 week recovery period for my leg, so we decided to have the boat transported up to Puget Sound and take off north from there. Unfortunately, it's the busy season for northbound transports and I have been unable to get a commitment from any of the transport companies I have communicated with.

In the meantime, we sit and wait, missing out on our Northwest cruising, but, at least, letting my leg heal...

(Sorry for the misdirection in the Title of this post - kinda like "clickbait," ain't it?)

I assume you tried Associated? They brought my Nordic Tug 32 to Portland from Santa Barbara around this time last year. If I recall, I had about a 3 week wait when I scheduled.

Sorry to hear about your injury.

No, no, no - not that. It's my boat - I can't get my boat up to the Pacific Northwest. We were planning on taking her up from San Francisco on her own bottom, keeping our eyes on May/early June for the right weather windows but, a couple of weeks ago, I managed to rupture a tendon in my leg while playing tennis. Our plans immediately changed to include a 4-6 week recovery period for my leg, so we decided to have the boat transported up to Puget Sound and take off north from there. Unfortunately, it's the busy season for northbound transports and I have been unable to get a commitment from any of the transport companies I have communicated with.

In the meantime, we sit and wait, missing out on our Northwest cruising, but, at least, letting my leg heal...

(Sorry for the misdirection in the Title of this post - kinda like "clickbait," ain't it?)

Have you considered a delivery captain? Might be competitive in price and time to a truck delivery.

GreySky - yes, Associated is one of the companies...

Ray - Looked into it - ends up being about twice as expensive as truck transport and doesn't save much time since everyone seems to be busy heading north this time of year.

I assume you checked with Dudley Transport?
800-426-8120
dudleyboat@gmail.com

I used them to move a 40' sailboat from Marina Del Rey to Tacoma in 2010 and was very happy with them.

Last edited:
I'm available-fuel, food, and round trip ticket is all I need-Although I've never boated on the west coast, have no captains license, and have a heart condition. Good thing is, I do not consume alcohol-so that's good:blush:

Dave - Yeah, they were my first contact - I've used them before and they've got a great reputation and great price. Unfortunately, not readily available for a northbound haul right now.

ddalme - Hmmm, does that mean I'd need to get an AED on board?:nonono:

Dave - Yeah, they were my first contact - I've used them before and they've got a great reputation and great price. Unfortunately, not readily available for a northbound haul right now.

ddalme - Hmmm, does that mean I'd need to get an AED on board?:nonono:

No-I have a built in one:lol: Just went to the Dr. and she said everything is great, except for a torn rotator cuff, pulled stomach muscle(thanks to ER yoga), stained lower back (again ER yoga), high blood sugar and bald head. OH, almost forgot, glasses after 68 years (now I can see the channel markers). Other than that I'm good to go:lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom