Is this burnt gelcoat ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it possible the wax caked on the surface and the buffer orange peeled the layer of wax while polishing it. You could try scratching it with your fingernail and pretty quickly determine if it's wax buildup.
I scratched at it this morning. It's not wax. The surface is very hard. We will see what the detailer has to say.

As many have said, is not a machine waxing more than hot. but to do it yourself painting result. if you want a beautiful surface is very heavy work. perhaps the easiest way to peel the paint off, sanded and coated with a painter to give ammtti alwgrip paint. if you mean sanded smooth cot, I believe you will sooner nuts, the surface smooth. do not allow to interfere with, the easiest way to live with it.:flowers:

Looks like a bad application of gel coat to a repair done a while ago.
Looks like the answer is a previous repair. The detailer concurs that you couldn't get that effect with a buffer. He showed me thin gelcoat in that general area and a sag were the repair was done.
Thanks to everyone for your input. BTW, it wasn't paint.

As many have said, is not a machine waxing more than hot. but to do it yourself painting result. if you want a beautiful surface is very heavy work. perhaps the easiest way to peel the paint off, sanded and coated with a painter to give ammtti alwgrip paint. if you mean sanded smooth cot, I believe you will sooner nuts, the surface smooth. do not allow to interfere with, the easiest way to live with it.:flowers:

NBs - gotta ask! What is the concoction you have in the mug you hold a-hi in your avatar? :ermm: :lol:

Looks like the answer is a previous repair. The detailer concurs that you couldn't get that effect with a buffer. He showed me thin gelcoat in that general area and a sag were the repair was done.

When they are all shined up... ghosts can appear! :facepalm: :D

The owner had to know that. Maybe he just forgot, or the high gloss "wet look" the detailer attained really brought back a degraded surface.

This here is what we call a "first world problem".
Had to look that one up.....and your correct.
“First World Problems” are frustrations and complaints that are only experienced by privileged individuals in wealthy countries. It is typically used as a tongue-in-cheek comedic device to make light of trivial inconveniences.

Had to look that one up.....and your correct.
“First World Problems” are frustrations and complaints that are only experienced by privileged individuals in wealthy countries. It is typically used as a tongue-in-cheek comedic device to make light of trivial inconveniences.

Probably a fair enough comment when you think about it. He has ended up with an unbroken, clean, shiny, (albeit slightly wrinkly), waterproof finish. What more do you need in a boat..? Once it grimes up again a bit it won't be noticeable. :)

How could it be anything but beer Art?

:thumb:Eric is right,

the broth of beer which is produced here as early as 800's of the same type Kiin this day. drinking a beer glass was during the Viking Age as an image, so in my view a bad style error.:D

Viking glass type 700-800's

Back
Top Bottom