Bringing a sailboat from Key's to Biloxi, what to bring???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampu

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Cajun Rose
Vessel Make
Biloxi Lugger
Hello, fella's. Work is coming along on the Rose but she is not moving around yet. In the mean time my brother just bought a 78' steel ketch that needs work.....Here's the catch :socool:
All the hull work is being done in Ft. Miami but except for a new motor and a new geny and two so so life boats there is nothing on the boat. We will be crossing from the keys to biloxi 3-5 days and I am just trying to figure out from this experienced collection of mariners what to bring. I have been buying stuff for the Rose and will bring the following but any suggestions would be great.
1. Inflatable dingy
2. Chart plotter
3. Solar shower
4. Epirb (Should be on top of the list)
5. Lots of ice

Are there portable freezers that work from 12 or 24v?
The boat carries 800 or so gallons of freshwater.
Thanks Paul

Dry Roasted peanuts, cases of bottled water from Home Depot (just in case your tanks are harboring bacteria), bananas, fruit, protein bars, Oatmeal (eat it raw), some books, flashlights, batteries, inflatable mattress, sunglasses, sunscreen, binoculars, and ID for the Feds who might be boarding you thinking your a drug runner. Apparently small boat smuggling is making a comeback. It's skinny water around the Keys with LOTS OF SHIP TRAFFIC. AIS Vhf!!

Paul, most portable fridges, like Waeco, Dometic, Engel, can be set to operate as fridge or freezer.

ID for the Feds who might be boarding you thinking your a drug runner. Apparently small boat smuggling is making a comeback. It's skinny water around the Keys with LOTS OF SHIP TRAFFIC. AIS Vhf!!
Boy I didn't think of that...could make a little money and finish the Rose quickly:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom