Old 12-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #1

City: East Coast
Vessel Name: Inspiration
Vessel Model: 420DB
Bridge Enclosure - Windshield wiper insert

My bridge has EZ2CY enclosure. After cruising in various weather conditions the more and more I feel like I could benefit by having a wiper on the front panel. Based on my preliminary research there seemed to be an insert kit that comes in different sizes. Here's a sample link:

Boats Yachts Sailboats Marine Safety Seaview Windshield Boat Yacht Sailboat Boating Sailing Marina Marinas Sea Ocean Oceaner

Did anyone do this type of project? What was your experience, are there any negatives about the project? Can you guys recommend good quality insert brand and installers?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Alex F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #2

City: Vancouver
Hi Alex,
I'm in the PNW and I had one installed on our Silverton 42 Convertible. We're ecstatic with it. We didn't install it ourselves so needed the manufacturer to recommend a local installer and an electrician to hook up the electrics (water pump to spray water and on/off/delay switch). For us, it's a necessity since we use the boat throughout the year.
Cheers,
Bill

Bill Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. Bill. Welcome aboard.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #4

City: East Coast
Vessel Name: Inspiration
Vessel Model: 420DB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lee View Post
Hi Alex, I'm in the PNW and I had one installed on our Silverton 42 Convertible. We're ecstatic with it. We didn't install it ourselves so needed the manufacturer to recommend a local installer and an electrician to hook up the electrics (water pump to spray water and on/off/delay switch). For us, it's a necessity since we use the boat throughout the year. Cheers, Bill
Thanks for your feedback, Bill. Do you remember what brand of insert you got installed. Is the general approach "the bigger insert the better" or those that just enough to have good visibility is better? I hope that once I find a good installer I'll get recommendation on the best approach.
Alex F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #5

City: Vancouver
Hi Alex,
I purchased the 'Seaview Insert'. I have no interest in the company (although after I made the purchase I met the owner who's a good guy - but he's since sold the company). The Admiral and I love it. It's maintenance free. I'm not sure about the bigger is better approach. There's the size of the wiper and motor to consider and aesthetics. Ours is installed dead centre - aligning with the helm. We did size ours to be as tall an insert as possible (our boat tends to rise a fair bit once on plane - so we needed a tall insert placed as low as possible). It provides ample visibility. I don't believe there is any 'standard' size.
Cheers,
Bill
Bill Lee is offline   Reply With Quote