Bradenton, FL area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarletbison

Veteran Member
Any trawler owner in Bradenton Area care to show off their boat to a dreamer? I'm down here for a few days with my 2 young daughters visiting my mother-in-law. I'm going to try and walk the docks near the bridge across the Manatee River and get away for an hour.

Grant

A some day sooner Trawler owner :socool:

Walking docks is the best way to check out boats. Boaters are typically the friendliest folks you'll find. Most of the marinas I've walked into have one or two friendly folks walking around that are great sources of information.

Boarding boats would be at their request, never yours. Wife and I have been taken out for a short cruise by a few of the friends we have met. Unusual? Yes. A lot depends on your attitude and demeanor I suppose.

Walking docks (where it is allowed) we have found to be more educational than internet forums for putting our perceived desires into real life fiberglass and wood. With boats more than anything else form really does follow function.

CP,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you, although more and more marinas are being secured and for good reason, which is why if I'm near a few marinas and have some time to walk the docks I post a note on the off chance that there is someone nearby.

hope everyone is having a nice memorial day and takes a minute to remember someone and all who gave their lives in the service of our great country.

Back
Top Bottom