Bow Thruster only working to Port

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grahambda

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Bom Dia
Vessel Make
DeFever 44 OC
Vetus bow thruster, was working fine during the sea trial (of course !) But now only port side working. Checked all the wiring seems ok, however clicking noise when pressing starboard switch, thinking solonoid , any other ideas before I drop the $$ on the spare part.

Note brand new battery installed close to the thruster and has a full charge.

Thanks

I would get with Vetus. Sidepower has a procedure that will allow you to diagnosis the complete system. Its easy.

Not sure of the difference but looked it up...
relay is in essence a switch with two positions, on and off. A solenoid, meanwhile, enables mechanical components to physically move and change position

Most bow thrusters have 2 or 3 relays that allow the DC power polarity to be reversed which reverses the rotation of the motor.

Ted

We had the same problem on our NP 39. It was a relay. Vetus thruster.

Rob

Side power has one relay. There are only a few #14 wire you can move around and find the problem in seconds. How clean is it down there. I have found a few times corroded wires from salt.

My Vetus thruster had the same issue recently. The cause was a bad connection in the control wires near the thruster unit.

Check the relays and connections for the control circuit. My guess is that the problem is there rather than in the thruster itself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom