Bone Head play of the year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Found this testimony on the 8 biggest idiots of 2015.

8. *THE GRAND FINALE! Last summer, down on Lake Isabella, located in the high desert, an hour east of Bakersfield, CA, some folks, new to boating, were having a problem. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get their brand new 22 foot boat, going. It was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power they applied. After about an hour of trying to make it go, they putted into a nearby marina, thinking someone there may be able to tell them what was wrong. A thorough topside check revealed everything in perfect working condition. The engine ran fine, the out-drive went up and down, and the propeller was the correct size and pitch. So, one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath. He came up choking on water, he was laughing so hard. Under the boat, still strapped securely in place, was the trailer!

I have heard that story, told as fact, by first person experience a few times. The really funny thing is, I can imagine it has happened on numerous occasions. The closest I have seen is when the operator of the boat had his female companion back the boat and trailer down the ramp. It was apparently still strapped down front and back but the hitch was unlatched, and safety chains unhooked. He had told her to unhook the boat and thats what she did. It came right off the hitch easily and he backed the boat out of the ramp area then noticed when she pulled away,,,no trailer. The boat had a VERY bow down look to it. He calmly ran it back up the ramp until the hitch hit the concrete, pushed it up as far as he could, then had her back the truck down close enough to hook the chains. He unstrapped the trailer, backed the boat off and she pulled the trailer out. It was a good recovery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom