boatpix.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rwidman

Guru
On out recent trip we were buzzed by the boatpix helicopter. I assume they took pictures of HIGH COTTON but when I went to their website it seems they don't show proofs or even say if they actually took pictures, they want a credit card # and will send the photos they took and charge the card. Supposedly they will refund the money if you send them back.

I declined.

They were buzzing around us on Penobscot Bay this summer.

How are you supposed to know if they have pics of your boat?

They got us a couple of years ago. The photos are a little expensive. However, it's a lot cheaper than hiring a helicopter for a personal shoot!

Attachments

• Boatpix-November-2010cropweb.jpg
    Boatpix-November-2010cropweb.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 133
They were buzzing around us on Penobscot Bay this summer.

How are you supposed to know if they have pics of your boat?

Go to their web site and answer the questions on their form....time and date you were buzzed along with a description of your boat, etc.

Um, check out the thread "Quadcopter video from our Gulf . . ." :)

Um, check out the thread "Quadcopter video from our Gulf . . ." :)

Good point, John! Most of todays cameras have a "still" frame feature. Now, I need to talk my boating buddies to invest in a quad!

Go to their web site and answer the questions on their form....time and date you were buzzed along with a description of your boat, etc.
I did that. I couldn't tell if they had photos or what they looked like.

They won't show you the photos.... They send them to you after receiving your credit card number. If you decline and send the photos back, they credit your account.

I'm in the queue for them now. Supposedly they have quite a back log at the end of the summer. I have a drone / quad copter and take pics of our boat and friends all the time. Its a great tool to own.

Have done business with boat pics a couple of times for my charter business. Have always been happy with them, even when I didn't keep their pics. If your boat is documented, they will track you down from the documentation information and notify you that they have pics available.

Ted

Have done business with boat pics a couple of times for my charter business. Have always been happy with them, even when I didn't keep their pics. If your boat is documented, they will track you down from the documentation information and notify you that they have pics available.

Ted

My boat is documented and they haven't tracked me down. It's been two months. We were nearing the end of a 76 day cruise and the boat wasn't "picture ready" and had a deflated dinghy dumped on the bow.

I have a pretty nice photo of my boat underway taken by another boater but again, it wasn't "picture ready" at the time.

I would think boatpix would send or post proofs so someone could see if he or she wanted the actual photos. They could make them low resolution or mark them so they couldn't be blown up and printed.

Once again Ray, great shot of your boat!!

See if they can photo shop the dinghy into service, clean up the deck, add 20' to the length, go up with an enclosed fly bridge, while you're at it add a tuna tower, change the anchor on the bow and the rake of the windows, show you up on plane towing a skier or two, and have you sitting on the aft deck being waited on by the crew from Below Deck.

See if they can photo shop the dinghy into service, clean up the deck, add 20' to the length, go up with an enclosed fly bridge, while you're at it add a tuna tower, change the anchor on the bow and the rake of the windows, show you up on plane towing a skier or two, and have you sitting on the aft deck being waited on by the crew from Below Deck.

Healhustler? Go to work, Sir!

My boat is documented and they haven't tracked me down. It's been two months. We were nearing the end of a 76 day cruise and the boat wasn't "picture ready" and had a deflated dinghy dumped on the bow.

I have a pretty nice photo of my boat underway taken by another boater but again, it wasn't "picture ready" at the time.

I would think boatpix would send or post proofs so someone could see if he or she wanted the actual photos. They could make them low resolution or mark them so they couldn't be blown up and printed.

These guys are busy during the summer. Last time they contacted me was maybe February for shots they took in June. They usually catch me during a fishing tournament when I'm returning with a charter. Certainly nothing wrong with contacting them with date, location and name of your boat. Just remember that they are more focused on the office part during the winter.

Ted

Minor thread drift... please excuse!

For a couple years, my dad flew Spitfire planes overseas under the flag of the Canadian RCAF in conjunction with England’s RAF… as photo recognizance planes in beginning of WWII, before U.S. had Pearl Harbor happen – he soon thereafter flew injured warrior transport planes across the ocean for our Navy.

In later years he, ran his own Ariel Photography business out of Camden ME; i.e. “Cardinal Marine Photography”. From latter 70’s to about late 80’s he took photos of launching etc at Bath Iron works. Also had some stellar picts of all over Penobscot Bay. Some hang in my office to this day. He did several photos per year for some BIG pleasure boats that came into the area. Captains/owners would contact him and get a contract set up with photo dates and locations. Pops loved doing that.

In mid 70’s he barnstormed across the nation and did a year’s worth of flying taking picts of hundreds of locations. His plane was a single engine two seat Cessna. One day in upper Sierra Nevada Mountains, CA side, I had a guy at a building supply tell me he’d had drinks in a bar with my dad the night before! It was news to me!! Turns out dad had landed at the small airport nearby during his cross continent barnstorm. We had a great visit for couple days and then he flew like a bird for new adventure! We spread his ashes in Penobscot Bay. Now, as does my mom, he swims with the marine life… but… I’m sure he still gets into the air whenever possible. Go... POPS - GO!

Now, back to thread intent!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom