Boating Shoes For Cold Weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kartracer

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V LUNASEA
Vessel Make
45ft Bluewater Coastal
During last weeks snow and cold weather in Louisiana I had a pair of tennis shoes on and my feet got very cold and wet. What type of shoes do you guy in the real cold and snowy areas wear?

Back in Ireland we wore boat wellies that were a full size bigger than our shoe size which allowed us to put on thick wool socks and still kick them off if we went in.

What menzies said!

Xtra tuffs with room for socks

I wore my LaCrosse pull overs with a pair of wool socks and my feet stayed warm and dry.
I always keep these near the back door so if the yard is wet I can walk back to the pond without getting my feet wet.
http://www.lacrossefootwear(dot)com/men/all/all-boots/trekker-ii-7-brown.html

I also have a pair of these I keep at the camp for the same reason but I find the trekkers are more comfortable than the muddy. The muddies fit tight around the ankle and cause you feet to sweat.
http://www.lacrossefootwear(dot)com/men/all/all-boots/alpha-muddy-4-5-green.html

We wear Xtra-Tufs on board a lot in BC and SE Alaska, but for walking any distance I like waterproof (gore-tex) hikers. Xtra-tuf also has shorter models that are more easily slipped on and off.

Oboz Gore-Tex tennis shoes, never had water come through unless I went in over the top of the shoe. I have one pair of high tops hikers with insulation for fall conditions. If I am going to stay wet it's Extra Tuffs with socks...

Bringing our boat back from Annapolis Nov-Dec time frame we had lots of cold weather. I bought a pair of fleece lined, zipper on the side "suede" boots at the first Walmart we found. $20.00 nice and warm, comfortable and easy to get on and off. I never did any hiking in them but doubt they would be good for that, but good to keep the toes warm.

Back
Top Bottom