Boat zipers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SOMERS

Vessel Name
ANDROMEDA
Vessel Make
MAINSHIP 400
*No doubt that many ouf you have found dificulty in opening and closing Boat zipers*

*especially those up *on the *fly bridge Green house / Oxygen tent *openings . what ever

you choose call it.

*Some have tried lip balm others have tried vaseline all of which have a short half life.

**My theory is to use an automotive product called Armor All or 303 *the benifits of which are many,offering UV protection to the zip teeth; a water repellant; and lubrication for the zip slider.

**As you know nothing is for ever and *re application is required from time to time because

in time the product will wash off.

*Armor all offers two *Protectants (A) regular and (B) super shinny having a higher viscosity*which i would recomend for ease of application.

*Do not spray the Ziper teath *as you do not want *Armor All on your Strataglass or

*Eisenglass.

*Application: shake *the product well *, *use very sparingly*from a small dish*with a *small brush or sponge .

As the product is a vynal protectant it can be used on Vynal *seat coverings *rub well in but be*mindfull that the seat will be slippery, *to prevent this *we sit on super large bath towels,*naked vinal is hot to*sit on.

*I have no business association with Armor All

-- Edited by SOMERS on Monday 20th of June 2011 07:00:34 AM

Somers,

I just had all the zippers replaced on Moonstruck's rear helm deck enclosure.* Not cheap---about $300.00.* They tend to get hard from UV and teeth will break.* To keep them working smoothly, we use common bee's wax.* It is easy to rub on, lasts awhile, and is a natural product that doesn,t seem to degrade anything.* We use 303 Protectant for our dinghy and quite abit of other stuff.* It is great for UV protection.

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Monday 20th of June 2011 07:07:57 AM

*Hi Don.

**Good Morning.

*Did i tell you that we got as far as stuart Fl on our last trip.

**Bee wax is a great idea *and i *also think *that *3 M has a boat polish containinf uv protection *that leaves a white residue so may now be the best solution.

**Don i guess that there are many application that will do the job*

** There is a new product put out by *Turtlewax *called *ICE *it comtains *Polumers and silacones i have not tried that yet .

**Usualy i do try stuff on my boat before *l tell the gentlemen of the Forum .

*Don *.**I see that things are slowing down on th forum so please debate me with your last private**I don't mind a debate so long as no body want to shoot me in the foot.

**Captain * and Mrs Cave have over 100 post now *on the forum.*

*While we are at it *can you tell me wher i can get a jar of LANOLYN *i want to try this on my prop.

*Did Allan Williams join your *Boat *Forum ? Allan kind of keeps to him self i can tell you why in print.

*We can't get 303 here.

*Today is national hero day and they keep nominating the same afro person

*We have Strata glass which has developed some small cracks*

*i may use *super glue but will try that on a sample i have here before i do the boat in .

**We have a new boat in our bay it looks Sabre but will have *to *go on the Sabre web page.

*We have two Hinkley *picnic boats here.

*Go to you internet mail for a picture. of a view that will not wait a minute from our house.

*More news *we are changing out wills *to leave our house to the Bermuda Nationlal Trust *because it falls in their Bermuda Classic Home category .*

*Donald & Mavis

-- Edited by SOMERS on Monday 20th of June 2011 04:23:17 PM

Donald, I don't recall that Allan Williams joined our Sabre Motor Yacht owners group.* Here is a link that you can give him.* The group is open to all Sabre Yacht owners or wannabe owners..* We would love to have him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom