Boat Shipping Company Recommendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moving a boat

You can spray paint and put tires on an old trailer and do you know what you have? An old spray painted trailer with new tires. Old trailers that have been used in salt water have issues with axles, leaf springs, bearings, brakes, winches and jacks and on and on. Take the cost of shipping your boat and old trailer and subtract that from the cost of a new trailer. If you spend $4k to ship your boat and old trailer to you, you are out $4k and you still have an old trailer. Put that $4k towards a new trailer and you have a new trailer.
I’ve trailered from Fl to Washington State back to Fl and a lot more in short trips. Your money invested in a new trailer will be well spent.
Trailer to San Diego and cruise So Cal. Trailer to the Keys. Trailer to Pensacola. Store your boat on the trailer.
Don’t ship. Invest.

You can spray paint and put tires on an old trailer and do you know what you have? An old spray painted trailer with new tires. Old trailers that have been used in salt water have issues with axles, leaf springs, bearings, brakes, winches and jacks and on and on. Take the cost of shipping your boat and old trailer and subtract that from the cost of a new trailer. If you spend $4k to ship your boat and old trailer to you, you are out $4k and you still have an old trailer. Put that $4k towards a new trailer and you have a new trailer.
I’ve trailered from Fl to Washington State back to Fl and a lot more in short trips. Your money invested in a new trailer will be well spent.
Trailer to San Diego and cruise So Cal. Trailer to the Keys. Trailer to Pensacola. Store your boat on the trailer.
Don’t ship. Invest.

Wifey B: I haven't seen the trailer in question so don't know it's condition. I do agree on upgrading the trailer rather than shipping though, even if you just have someone pull the trailer. :)

I had my 20' flat towed from MA to SC. Very happy with the service that I received. I serviced the trailer axle and purchased a new spare before the trip. The guy that I contracted does this a lot in this corridor. I will provide contact info if you PM me. Rates very competitive too.

If all goes well, I will be buying a boat that's located in Georgia. I live in Massachusetts. I will need a company to transport it up here. It is a Nimble Kodiak 26' motorsailor w/8'6" beam. Displacement is about 4500# and it has a trailer. But it should probably go on a flatbed anyway.

Does anyone have a recommendation? From my desk, there's not much to go on except $$ and what it says on the companies' Websites. And the cheapest quote is not always the best.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

O.K. so if I read this right you don't even have a vehicle that could tow the trailer, so why are we talking about towing, using a trailer for storage at home or anything like this?
Forget about the old trailer,it will possibly need new springs, brakes, bearings, lights, hitch, wheels could be rusted at the centres, then not to mention new tyres. - just dump it.
Stick the boat on a flat bed truck, transport it and drop it in the water somewhere close to where you live.
Maybe one day, if you like, and want to keep the boat and have the space at home to park her, then look for a trailer. Just go and enjoy the boat first.

Last edited:
Winston Trucking, Fort Worth, Tx. Moved our Sundowner trawler from Bellingham, Wa. to Biloxi, Ms. good price, on time, and provided daily updates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom