Boat Selection Game - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal

Last October I posted three rounds of a hypothetical boat selection game. I have since been tearing through VUP and become a Diesel Duck addict. I have come up with a couple more scenarios that might be interesting.

Here's Round 1: $500k Circumnavigating Couple
Detailed Rules of the game were presented in Round 1.

Round 2: $300k Great Loop Couple w/ 1 Child

Round 3: $175k Weekend Family Cruiser

Basically, the rules of the game are like this. A hypothetical cruising situation will be presented. Players will then reply to the post by offering which boat they would choose based upon "-ility" factors such as reliability, maintainability, durability, affordability (acquisition costs are assumed equal, so this deals with sustaining costs such as fuel, insurance, etc), suitability (for the situation presented), layout, aesthetics, etc. The more justification provided to explain which boat the player would choose, the better. If the details provided in the scenario are not considered to be sufficient, the player should share the assumptions made and move on to the description of which boat is the best option for the scenario presented. Of course there are no right or wrong answers - just the hope that by sharing the justification many could learn from those who have had to pick a boat.

So here's round 4: $250k Circumnavigating Couple
So Round 1 was similar but provide for far more resources available. This price range puts the typical Nordhavns and Ducks out of reach. Is there a $250k or less boat out there that a couple could spend two years on circumnavigating?

Looking forward to learning from the responses!

Last October I posted three rounds of a hypothetical boat selection game. I have since been tearing through VUP and become a Diesel Duck addict. I have come up with a couple more scenarios that might be interesting.

Here's Round 1: $500k Circumnavigating Couple
Detailed Rules of the game were presented in Round 1.

Round 2: $300k Great Loop Couple w/ 1 Child

Round 3: $175k Weekend Family Cruiser

Basically, the rules of the game are like this. A hypothetical cruising situation will be presented. Players will then reply to the post by offering which boat they would choose based upon "-ility" factors such as reliability, maintainability, durability, affordability (acquisition costs are assumed equal, so this deals with sustaining costs such as fuel, insurance, etc), suitability (for the situation presented), layout, aesthetics, etc. The more justification provided to explain which boat the player would choose, the better. If the details provided in the scenario are not considered to be sufficient, the player should share the assumptions made and move on to the description of which boat is the best option for the scenario presented. Of course there are no right or wrong answers - just the hope that by sharing the justification many could learn from those who have had to pick a boat.

So here's round 4: $250k Circumnavigating Couple
So Round 1 was similar but provide for far more resources available. This price range puts the typical Nordhavns and Ducks out of reach. Is there a $250k or less boat out there that a couple could spend two years on circumnavigating?

Looking forward to learning from the responses!

Think a DD could be built for under 250k? Looks like bottom of the second hand market is about 400k.

Back
Top Bottom